Ruger M77 mkii

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
I have an M77 MKII that I want to make lighter and do some work on. It already has a bartlien barrel and it’s chambered in .300 win mag. I have a guy in Utah that is going to lathe the barrel down and carbon fiber wrap it. After that I’m wanting to put a new trigger in it and swap the VX-3LRP for either a vx-5 or 6. Then I’ll be hunt for some kind of stock “I know there isn’t much out there for them“. Anything else I can look at doing? This rifle is my baby and I want to make it a lightweight shooting machine.

Attachments

• IMG_2721.jpeg
    IMG_2721.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 22
Check out the thread started by Stocky's about what rifle inlets are missing stocks. A lot of guys are asking for Ruger M77 mkii / Hawkeye as an option. I've also inquired with Unknown Munitions and Jake got back to me saying they are planning on making a Rokstok at some point but can't give me a date. I've waited this long, I'll probably wait for UM and @Ryan Avery to make the Rokstok for my two left handers (one in short and one in long action). Love the negative comb!!

letrbuck

WKR
the lightest currently available stock that I know of right now:

What length and contour is your current barrel? Slimming it down, then carbon wrapping it might result in actually adding weight

I have a Hawkeye and will admit the only thing I don't love is it's weight, but a lot of that comes from the big, boxy action

OP
EricBender208

EricBender208

Lil-Rokslider
the lightest currently available stock that I know of right now:

What length and contour is your current barrel? Slimming it down, then carbon wrapping it might result in actually adding weight

I have a Hawkeye and will admit the only thing I don't love is it's weight, but a lot of that comes from the big, boxy action
It’s 26” with a heavy contour barrel.

Nhenry

Lil-Rokslider
You'll probably save more weight with some aggressive fluting and shortening
^this. You can mess up that bartlein by doing the carbon fiber wrap, so shortening and fluting will be just as light with less risk.