Ruger Wrangler

Not exactly a backcountry big-game hunting firearm, but I thought some folks here might have some experience with the Ruger Wrangler. If you do, what do you think of it? I know it’s cheap, but I don’t like spending even small amounts of money if it’s on junk. Are these little guns made to last?

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
For the price & purpose of plinking, the Wrangler is hard to beat. It is a good gun.

Axlrod

WKR
I have shot a couple, don't know if they are made to last or not. Having several Single Sixes & Blackhawks I will say they are not for me. But they are a serviceable plinker, at a good price.

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have had one for a year and so far no issue. Probably has 600 rounds through it. It rides either in my pickup or on my side always. It’s just a pot metal framed version of a single six so no reason it wouldn’t last just as long considering the low stress a .22 puts on them. Only issue so far is one tiny chip in the cerakote.
I own multiple other single six revolvers and the wrangler is the one that is with me most often. Partly do to sentiment and partly do to the fact that it has a free spinning cylinder when the loading gate is open. Makes it much easier to load the thing.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
For the price they are hard to beat. Have put a lot of rounds through a couple and they have been great. You can never have too many 22’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
20201016_181610.jpg

I've probably got 5 or 600 rounds through mine. It's absolutely my favorite pistol to shoot. So far it's holding up perfectly & I can't find a fault with the thing. I did lighten up the trigger (typical Ruger, drop off one leg of the spring) & the faux ivory grips feel much nicer in my hand.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one just for the kids and new shooters to use. It's honestly a lot of fun. My cylinder does drag a slight bit on the frame at times, but doesn't affect it shooting. It's one gun I can shoot CB shorts out of for pest control with no problem. For $200 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Carolina91

Lil-Rokslider
Great gun with an even better customer service team if you ever have issues