Rugger m77 MK2 replacement trigger

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Is there anyone that makes a replacement trigger for an mk2? I have a ..243 that’s in dire need of trigger work. It’s terrible compared to all my other rifles. I’ve tried looking but haven’t found any solutions. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Timney
Model 1100 RH or 1102 LH
Wow. I’m apparently an idiot. I went down a rabbit hole looking for something that would work but everything said that I would need to modify it in order for it to fit.

letrbuck

WKR
They're a good one to have a smith work over and replace the spring. I stoned and polished mine and have a few different springs for it. Very nice break from 1.75 to 4 pounds depending on which spring I choose

JAC8504

Lil-Rokslider
It’s only a couple of pins and then a dremel grinder to grind a little bit off the new timney to make the safety work correctly

WKR
It’s only a couple of pins and then a dremel grinder to grind a little bit off the new timney to make the safety work correctly
Can confirm this. Just a little grinding and a file to finish. Very easy. Definitely a nice upgrade.

I forget the chaps name however there was a replacement spring that was being sold online that could get your trigger under 4#. I did it on mine and it was an easy swap.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
Jfjfrye

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
I forget the chaps name however there was a replacement spring that was being sold online that could get your trigger under 4#. I did it on mine and it was an easy swap.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
That may be all I need. I’m going to try it.

I had a Dayton Traister installed by a local smith several years back. I didn’t look much into other options besides the Timney. Big improvement over the stock trigger!

I just installed the Timney trigger on my .243 M77 Mk. II. I kept the original spring and adjusted pull weight to 2.2 - 2.3 lbs. It requires some fitting to make the safety work and a little inletting on the stock. No creep and almost no overtravel. I wish I'd done it years ago!