RX-4 Turbo Review

My last Hoyt was a Nitrum Turbo #3 cam 29” that maxed out at 75 lbs and it was a beast. I sold it and went smooth route but I’m considering another power bow for shooting those heavy arrows to get max KE.

How has the RX-4 Turbo held up since release? Any QC issues? Does it hit posted numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
I'm sure it is the best turbo version yet. The RX1 Turbo was a great bow as well, and the 4 is probably a slightly better version with a stiffer back wall. However if you just want KE I don't see why you wouldn't go with the 80 lb Axius or RX4 Ultra. You can really smack the crap out of your arm with a 5 inch brace height. Those bows are mostly designed for people with short draws that shoot low poundage.

OP
General RE LEE
I'm sure it is the best turbo version yet. The RX1 Turbo was a great bow as well, and the 4 is probably a slightly better version with a stiffer back wall. However if you just want KE I don't see why you wouldn't go with the 80 lb Axius or RX4 Ultra. You can really smack the crap out of your arm with a 5 inch brace height. Those bows are mostly designed for people with short draws that shoot low poundage.

Thank you. I’ve never smacked my arm with a 5” brace height. I’ll look into the Ultra.

Zac

WKR
Thank you. I’ve never smacked my arm with a 5” brace height. I’ll look into the Ultra.

Rule of thumb is don't buy an ATA shorter than your draw length. If your a 27 inch draw the Turbo is a great option. If your 28 and above I'd go with the Ultra, but some people like the 30 inchers as well.

OP
General RE LEE
Rule of thumb is don't buy an ATA shorter than your draw length. If your a 27 inch draw the Turbo is a great option. If your 28 and above I'd go with the Ultra, but some people like the 30 inchers as well.

I’m a 29” draw

MattB

WKR

The turbo's BH isn't 5", so not sure why you would make mention of that.

Zac

WKR
The turbo's BH isn't 5", so not sure why you would make mention of that.
Yeah I wasn't sure what exactly it was when I wrote the post. It's definitely smaller. That's where Turbos are getting their speed. The principle is to try to get everyone to around 28 to 29 inches. This is where most cams and spines play well. If your a 26 inch draw you can effectively become a 28 with a 5 inch brace. If you are a 29 inch draw you can effectively become a 28 by shooting a more forgiving 7 inch brace height.

Last edited:

TheViking

WKR
Not trying to dig up old threads, but the RX4 Turbo has a 31" ATA and a 5-7/8" BH. The Hoyt Helix for example was a 30.5" ATA and a 6" BH. I highly doubt anyone would be able to tell the difference between those two both (minus draw cycle). The Helix was an excellent bow.