Salomon gtx 2 at Amazon

work765

WKR
Amazon.com | Salomon Men's Quest 4D 2 GTX Hiking Boot, Iguana Green/Asphalt/Dark Titanium, 10.5 M US | Hiking Boots

Question. I saw these salomons on Amazon for 150. And I'm wondering if it's the same ones REI has for 230. I tried them on at REI and they fit pretty good. Basically I'm trying to find a decent mid range boot I can hike in, scout and when it's game day. Haul out some meat!

And my price range is around $200. Or less.

Currently I have some low cut semi trail runner/hikers from salomon and they work fine. But i need a more serious boot now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used these boots this season and they are very comfortable on my feet. They also seem very tough for the $145 I paid for them in the summer. I got a half size bigger than my normal size. I would say they're worth the price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
Expect wet feet at some point but they're a decent hiker for the discounted price. They are the same as rei. The sole is flexible and were too soft when walking on the cut up, rocky terrain in se Oregon on an antelope hunt but they were fine in the forest.

Last edited:

Dameon

WKR
I agree. They are a great mountain timber boot and I use mine for exactly that. If I were to hunt more rocky steep terrain, I would look at something else.

bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Check out sierratradingpost. Recently picked up a pair of zamberlan vioz plus boot for $178 shipped after finding a 25% off coupon and free shipping.

It's a great boot, made in Italy.

idcuda

WKR
I have some showing up tomorrow from Amazon (tried them on at a local store). I'll take 'em chukar and deer hunting this weekend and see how they do. So much for a break-in period.

My current Asolo Neutrons had been great, but for some reason, I'm noticing more discomfort every time I use them now.

Humphr47

Lil-Rokslider
Was just about to post on this:

I just scored a pair for $124 on Amazon today, seems like there is plenty of inventory as well.

I plan to use them on some pretty aggressive terrain; I will write a review after a season.

idcuda

WKR
So far, I'd definitely recommend the quests. With no break in, I've done a short deer hunt, 5+ mile chukar hunt with about 2k feet of elevation, and a 6 mile hunt in snow. My feet and boots were non-issues the entire time.

My only minor gripe is that the laces are stiff as chit. It appears the laces need more break in than the boots. I can live with that.

boom

WKR
thanks. i'm gonna establish my sizing at REI and order..great deal.

my Renegades are about done for.

OP
W

work765

WKR
I bought them from Amazon. But I have to say I have been nervous to go try them out. The idea of them not fitting and I can't return them; drives me nuts! But I guess I'll bite the bullet and give them a go!
They've been in the box for two weeks

AdamW

WKR
I bought them from Amazon. But I have to say I have been nervous to go try them out. The idea of them not fitting and I can't return them; drives me nuts! But I guess I'll bite the bullet and give them a go!
They've been in the box for two weeks

Why can't you return them? I ordered a pair from amazon last spring, wore them around the house a bit, they were too narrow for my feet, I returned them. I did that with 5 pair of boots I think before I found "my" boots. Free returns.