Salomon Quest 4D didn't work- something similar?

LostArra

WKR
It's early but the Oboz are still waterproof.;)

The 4D's felt "soft", but very comfortable right out of the box. Oboz are a little stiffer in the sole with more built-in arch support.
Oboz: Plenty of room for me but not a huge toe box.

I usually toss the original insoles immediately but the Oboz have good ones and I'm still using them on both pairs I own.
I've got Superfeet in the Salomons.

I bought the Oboz early in the summer and they felt a little warm/sweaty. Since the temps have cooled a bit I haven't noticed it.

I still wear both the Salomons and the Oboz but I'm thinking my next pair will be the Oboz.

(I've been using Oboz Firebrand and Sawtooth. Sawtooth is not listed as waterproof. Both are lows and I wear with the Kuiu Scree gaiters. I also use the gaiters with my Quest 4D's).

mtnhmr

FNG
Mentioned already... Lowa Zephyr's. +vote.

They're light, waterproof, stiff sole, perfect for mountain hunting.

mtnhmr

FNG
how’s the fit- particularly the toe box?

I'm 6'0" 185lbs, with semi-wider feet (E sizing), the toe box isn't narrow and not super wide. I wear a heavy wool sock to fill out the boot and have yet to blister up. I took the boots on the trek to Everest Base Camp last April (approx 250-300km) without any issue. I also have a robust pair of the Scarpa Grand Dru GTX, however they are a bit much for summer/fall hunting in the Yukon and prefer the Lowas.

They fit almost like a trail runner, comfortable with the above ankle support/protection, however the heel part of the sole is wider than most, not an issue. My brother suggested the boots as he used them during his deployment with the US Para-rescue/Special Forces.