Boot similar to timberline?

I’ve come to realize stiff and leather are probably overkill for 80% of my use cases. I was fortunate enough to buy a pair of timberlines and really like them could be better suited for an everyday hiker if they were a 8inch boot.

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with a lower cut and flexible boot similar to the timberline? Would love recommendations.

If lacing is closer to the toe that’s a plus. The lapponia is the only boot that comes to mind.

Also anyone with Schnees experience - how much flex is the 2 flex vs the 1 flex. I thought 1 was very flexible and definitely wouldn’t mind a 2 flex but all depends on the incremental stiffness from 1 to 2. Would be helpful to hear some comparisons for their 2 flex to other popular hunting and hiking boots.

Thanks in advance this forum has been very helpful - probably used more than google lately.

fatlander

WKR
Schnees has a flex scale of 0-4 so a 1 is really a 2 from all the other top companies.

I have 3 pairs of schnees: granite pro (4), bear tooth (2) and kestrel (0).

I love the granite pro for steep country and heavy packs. It’s too much boot for everyday light hiking. The kestrel is my light hiker. Wonderful for what it is, but it’s just not built for steep off trail stuff with a pack over 30 pounds IMO. The bear tooth is the best I’d both worlds to me. It’s the perfect do it all boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rotate Kestrels and Beartooths to keep my feet fresh. I want to try the new Schnees Missions. They are a lower boot but are supposed to be fairly stiff. May be worth a look.