Salvage an Old Bow?

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
I have an old Diamond from the early 2000s that has been sitting cased in my garage 15+ years. If I wanted to get back to shooting a bow again is it worth getting this one looked over (restrung?) or has the age of the bow and technology advanced enough that you’d look at just putting the money into a new bow? I’m not looking to hunt with it right now, I picked up a crossbow last year for hunting.

That's up to you. It's going to be $100 at minimum to have new strings put on it. Don't know if that's worth it to you or not.

But I have a compound from the mid 90's I still play with.

OR Archer

WKR
As long as the bow doesn’t need anything more than strings(ie mods, limbs, or cams) you’d be fine.

Holocene

WKR
Don't know what your financial situation is, but for $350 + $100 or so for a new string, you could score a flagship bow from the 2014-2016 era that would be bounds ahead.

If your budget is $200, get a new string and some arrows and just shoot that diamond.

If you have $500 to spend, then you could probably the Diamond on ebay or at the local shop and upgrade.

+1 to the above -- at the least have a local shop check for things like limb splinters, cam damage, string quality, etc. Make sure this one is safe.