Savage 110 Trail Hunter

rdramsey8

FNG
I just ordered a Savage 110 Trail Hunter in 308 Win. Anyone here have one of these or seen one in person? I live in a small town and unfortunately am not able to put my hands on many rifles. There are a few reasons I decided on this rifle, despite not owning any savage firearms previously.

1. Cerakote finish
2. AICS mag compatible
3. Seemingly large aftermarket support

Would love to hear some opinions (good or bad) while I wait for my rifle! Really hoping for MOA (maybe sub MOA) performance, but I’m keeping my expectations low until I get it out on the range. Planning to throw a SWFA fixed 10 on it, that’s what I have on my Kidd 10/22 trainer, so looking to keep some consistency in in my training/field rifles.

Honyock

WKR
You're probably not going to get a lot of love on here for the Savage. I personally have been very pleased with the two that I have. IMHO I don't think you can find a more accurate rifle near their price point. I have a 6.5 Creed High Country that shoots 0.71 inch groups using 140 grain Rem Core-Lokt (better with ELD-M). It's a little on the heavy side but I'm 5'6" and the ability to adjust the length of pull is worth it to me.

KenLee

WKR
I have a 110 Apex Hunter in 30-06 and 300wsm that shoot plenty good. I just look at groups, don't measure them, but I'm sure both shoot no bigger than one inch groups with factory cheap Hornady Whitetail ammo.

Unckebob

WKR
You're probably not going to get a lot of love on here for the Savage. I personally have been very pleased with the two that I have. IMHO I don't think you can find a more accurate rifle near their price point. I have a 6.5 Creed High Country that shoots 0.71 inch groups using 140 grain Rem Core-Lokt (better with ELD-M). It's a little on the heavy side but I'm 5'6" and the ability to adjust the length of pull is worth it to me.

We have no time for you shorty! [pot calls kettle black😀]

I like my 6.5CM for the same reason. I don't understand why all composite stocks do not have LOP adjustability.

OP
rdramsey8

rdramsey8

FNG
Picked up my rifle and got it mounted up with a SWFA 10x42 that I had. There are certainly a lot of mixed feelings out there on the Savage rifles, but I’m actually pretty impressed for a $513 suppressor ready rifle. The hogue stock isn’t great, but I have a OD green Magpul Hunter stock that’ll be here next week. Trigger seems decent enough, but I’ll eventually replace it with a Timney. Overall for $760 with the stock, I think it’ll do as an all around hunting rifle. If it groups well after getting the stock installed, I’ll pick up the same rifle in 300 Win mag and set it up the same way for longer shots and bigger game.

IMG_8789.jpeg