Savage 110 Ultralight Sale at Bass Pro/Cabelas

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
My Ultralight is a tack driver straight out of the box shooting Factory Hornady Outfitter 130gr CX bullets. But yes the stock is less than desirable
My wsm shoots great. But ordered a Stockys Vg2 carbon for it when they were on sale. then I’ll bed it myself and hope to never think about the stock again. The stock just always making me question everything.

Just a heads up the Savage 110 Ultralight in many calibers is on clearance at bass pro/cabelas for $999.98. Yes I know the stock sucks. But you are really just buying it for the proof barrel at this cost. And it's a smoking deal. I got one in 6.5 prc a few weeks ago. Thankfully they price matched for me because I paid $1449
Sweet!

MCS

FNG
I got my savage 110 ultralite in 300 wsm , this will be my elk gun.

I am debating on what to get for antelope/deer out west and a mouflon sheep hunt in Hawaii. I currently have a Savage axis 6.5 creedmoor (have taken a nice buck running at 200 yards, cow elk at 300 yards, and bull elk at 100 yards) but will sell it after I get a new one. Should I go 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5prc or 308?

I like the PRC based on ballistics, the Creedmoor on low recoil and is a tack driver (but put 3 bullets through each of my elk, but might have been dead after the first, and have had issues with fragmentation with hornday 143 gr eld-x), and the 308 on ammunition availability and cost. I am not a reloadeder (yet).

Thoughts on what to pair with the 300 WSM?
I've shoot the 185vld 200 hybrid and 208 berger out of my savage ul. The 208 and 185 shot the best out of mine. I went with the 185 because it fit in the mag when loaded out to the lands.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
I've shoot the 185vld 200 hybrid and 208 berger out of my savage ul. The 208 and 185 shot the best out of mine. I went with the 185 because it fit in the mag when loaded out to the lands.
I’m definitely hoping mine likes the 208 Eldm with h4350 or h4831sc. I’m also going to try the 200 Eldx

OP
ArcherAnthony

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider

I am debating on what to get for antelope/deer out west and a mouflon sheep hunt in Hawaii. I currently have a Savage axis 6.5 creedmoor (have taken a nice buck running at 200 yards, cow elk at 300 yards, and bull elk at 100 yards) but will sell it after I get a new one. Should I go 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5prc or 308?

I like the PRC based on ballistics, the Creedmoor on low recoil and is a tack driver (but put 3 bullets through each of my elk, but might have been dead after the first, and have had issues with fragmentation with hornday 143 gr eld-x), and the 308 on ammunition availability and cost. I am not a reloadeder (yet).

Im very biased and say 6.5PRC

If it was my choice I’d go with 6.5PRC for the extra range. If not, then go 6.5CM.

Since you already have the wsm, I would go with the creed.

I was torn between the Creedmoor and the PRC. Cabelas was out of stock on the PRC but had the Creedmoor in stock, so I purchased it. I am sure I will be happy with the milder recoil. If I want to be abused I will use the 300 WSM
In your case, I really think that’s the more useful cartridge considering you already have the wsm, you’ll enjoy having the creed, and if they are setup the same, it will be a more fun paper/steel rifle than the 300wsm, and if you start hunting with it, you’ll probably favor it for most hunts

The prc would be good if you only had one rifle, but so would the creed or wsm

The moral of the story is guns are fun, especially new ones