Savage 110 ultralight vs Christensen arms ridgeline vs Weatherby mark v

jcav

FNG
Looking at getting a new rifle. Was originally wanting a ridgeline but I have a buddy that has one and doesnt like it. The savage lookes like a good option for the price. Or should I just spend the money on the Weatherby?

Glad you made this thread, I'm deciding between the same 3. I'm leaning towards the Mark V Backcountry TI for the weight (and looks). Interested to hear everyone's opinion.

B23

WKR
I haven't owned one in some but I used to have a love affair with Weatherby's. I had one that shot really well others that shot ok and two that shot very poorly. Never owned a Savage centerfire rifle, sorry I just can't get past that fugly action, but they seem to generally shoot pretty damn well. Christensen Arms has come a long ways IMO from what they used to be. CA years ago was known for making light guns but ones that shot well, not so much. Now CA seems to have their act together and they are making rifles that generally shoot pretty well. Opinions will very but I think the CA Ridgeline is one of the best bangs for you buck out there I mean it's a full custom build with all reasonably good to high end parts that cost less than two grand,

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Weatherby Mark V DGR in 300 Weatherby Mag. It has less recoil than the Sako 30.06 I had. It shoots Barnes TTSX 180 gr sub moa and the gun is more accurate than I am able to shoot it. It's not the lightest rifle but Weatherby has a wide selection.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tam9492

WKR
My 110 Ultralight in 280AI came in at 6lbs 4oz, so 6-7 oz above advertised weight. The Mark V Backcountry (not TI) was definitely lighter. I actually liked the Savage action better, but I would choose the Weatherby for my purposes. I'll be doing video reviews on both rifles soon, and I'll be sure to post them up here.

nobody

WKR
I know the Savage in question is definitely an upgrade over base model Savages, but if you're already willing to shell out the cash, you'll be deeeeeeeeeeply disappointed in the Savage. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath, IMO. My vote would be to the Weatherby, just have heard too many horror stories of CA customer service... which sucks, since they're basically local to me.

Flyjunky

WKR
I would drop the Savage from the conversation and add in the Browning Bolt Hells Canyon in either the speed or long range version. Both of these are great shooting guns!

Out of the options you've listed I would personally go with the CA. I know quite a few people who have them and they are extremely happy with them.

2five7

WKR
I ended up skipping the Backcountry Ti, and getting a Weathermark LT in 6.5 RPM, saved about $1500, cost me 1 lb. Love the rifle, shoots excellent with the factory 140 interlock.

Attachments

• IMG_20201014_100224.jpg
    IMG_20201014_100224.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 87
OP
J

jcav

FNG
I know the Savage in question is definitely an upgrade over base model Savages, but if you're already willing to shell out the cash, you'll be deeeeeeeeeeply disappointed in the Savage. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath, IMO. My vote would be to the Weatherby, just have heard too many horror stories of CA customer service... which sucks, since they're basically local to me.
That was my buddies problem with CA. He had to send his back several times.

My 110 Ultralight in 280AI came in at 6lbs 4oz, so 6-7 oz above advertised weight. The Mark V Backcountry (not TI) was definitely lighter. I actually liked the Savage action better, but I would choose the Weatherby for my purposes. I'll be doing video reviews on both rifles soon, and I'll be sure to post them up here.
Have you come out with those reviews yet?

tam9492

WKR
Yeah, here’s the review of the Savage. Actually edited the Backcountry review earlier today and hoping to upload it tonight.

505Wapiti

WKR
I would drop the Savage from the conversation and add in the Browning Bolt Hells Canyon in either the speed or long range version. Both of these are great shooting guns!

Out of the options you've listed I would personally go with the CA. I know quite a few people who have them and they are extremely happy with them.
To each their own but I own a Christensen Ridgeline .300 win mag and a Savage 110 ultralite proof barrel in 6.5 creedmoor. Nothing wrong with the Savage at all and it is an absolute laser. I would’ve bought another one but they don’t make it in .300 WM so I bought the Ridgeline.

ZH1

FNG
I was in the same boat deciding on these three a couple months ago. I ended up purchasing a Tikka t3x superlite, decking it out with mountain tactical goods, cerekote and mesa precision stock. Its a hell of a shooter I couldn't be happier. The rifle ends up weighing 6 pounds on the dot.

My opinion on the three: (MY OPINION, they are all great guns)
110 ultralite- great bang for the buck, accurate, I could see myself upgrading the stock eventually (lil flimsy)
Ridgeline- great feeling gun, finish work is great.
Backcountry Ti- great feeling gun also but that price tag pushed me away and the Weatherby tax on the RPM cartridge is a lil steep. (BUT IT LOOKS GLORIOUS)

I would've chosen the ridgeline if I didn't go the route I did.

NWMT_MountainBum

WKR
Classified Approved
I was in the same boat deciding on these three a couple months ago. I ended up purchasing a Tikka t3x superlite, decking it out with mountain tactical goods, cerekote and mesa precision stock. Its a hell of a shooter I couldn't be happier. The rifle ends up weighing 6 pounds on the dot.

My opinion on the three: (MY OPINION, they are all great guns)
110 ultralite- great bang for the buck, accurate, I could see myself upgrading the stock eventually (lil flimsy)
Ridgeline- great feeling gun, finish work is great.
Backcountry Ti- great feeling gun also but that price tag pushed me away and the Weatherby tax on the RPM cartridge is a lil steep. (BUT IT LOOKS GLORIOUS)

I would've chosen the ridgeline if I didn't go the route I did.
Could you send a pic of your tikka to me by chance?