Saw recommendations

There's no such thing as an efficient "one blade for everything". If you're gonna cut wood OR bone, you need the tooth configuration for each task... I love my Silky saws, but I use solely for wood. If minimal sawing of small stuff is required (I carry this if I'm not backpacking in and setting up camp): https://www.farmandhomesupply.com/c...nNfSyK2vXkUwf79IxU1VfmjxLucIf0iBoCFzYQAvD_BwE

Another, not quite as nice as the Silky, but will get the job done: https://www.hooyman.com/saws/hand-saws/megabite-hunters-combo/110143.html#start=1

NCtrapper

FNG
Silky, I use it for everything from skull capping to cutting wood and trimming limbs in archery season for Whitetails.

Fireflyfishing

Lil-Rokslider
Carried the Wyoming collapsable saw for years. It’s like a collapsable hacksaw. It comes with two blades..one for wood and one for bone.

I like Silky saws…for cutting tree limbs only.

Someone was making a skeletonized titanium frame that fit silky blades.

For lightweight, any pull saw blade is going to be much thinner, and lighter than a push saw. I find a pull saw very efficient for cutting wood, but I’ve never cut a skull cap off with a pull saw. Anyone have comments on push vs pull for that use?

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
You’re asking in “The Lightweight Zone”, where most debone and don’t pack out bones, or pack extra weight to cut bone, and then pack out the extra, unnecessary weight of said bone. But for wood, a Silky.
Do you pack the entire skull then after you have deboned?

Sven saw. Absolutely love the couple that I have. IMO better than silky and Wyoming saws. Lighter, more compact when folded, and longer blades allowing for longer strokes.

They’re a small company so not very popular.

TheHammer

WKR
Last year I tried an outdoor edge 4.5”. Can’t comment on the usefulness towards a skull plate. But it seemed to work for saving a few ounces and holding intended utility on branches.

Maverick1

WKR
Looking for a lightweight saw that I can use for bone and firewood.
Corona saw is lighter than a silky saw. (Corona has plastic hand, silky is metal handle.). Blades are comparable.

I don’t use either when I’m elk hunting. Used to use a Wyoming saw for cutting off the legs, then went boneless. Never bring a saw with me anymore. No need. YMMV.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
This, bone saw, wood saw:

And their customer service is second to none. I've been using one of these for 30+ years I think. I abused the heck out of this thing. The bolt gizmo had stripped bad and I called them and they sent a new one along with a new set of 2 blades (that I did not ask for) at no charge, who knows how long after the warranty was over.

6oz: silky pocketboy 130
8oz: Silky Pocketboy 170
9.6oz Megabite Hunters combo
11.1oz Sven Saw 15
11.6oz Bahco Laplander
15.3oz Agawa Boreal 15
16oz Wyoming Saw with camo case