Sawyer Squeeze with Platypus 2L Bag

Floorguy

WKR

Wide opening rear and the threads work. I also like the material more than the platy bags
1740e3034a5ec55a622fec5b41d39050.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Wide opening rear and the threads work. I also like the material more than the platy bags
1740e3034a5ec55a622fec5b41d39050.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
^^^this.

Ehiggins

WKR

TravisIN

WKR
I use the same system. The threads aren’t perfect but it’s not a big enough issue to worry about for me. I have to squeeze pretty hard to get water to leak out of the threads. Like mentioned, electrical tape can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boog304

FNG
Check out the “source tube refill adapter” especially if you have a quick connect on your tube

Ratbeetle

WKR
How do those cnoc bags hold up when full in the pack? That wide opening doesn't look that secure, but I've never seen one in person.

Backyard

WKR
How do those cnoc bags hold up when full in the pack? That wide opening doesn't look that secure, but I've never seen one in person.

I carry it empty. Its my dirty water bag. But it seems as it would hold up as well as any others.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I carry it empty. Its my dirty water bag. But it seems as it would hold up as well as any others.

I would use it for dirty water too. I'm just thinking of times when I have to resupply. Right now I'll carry two empty platypus bottles and fill up when necessary for filtering back at camp. I wouldn't have it full in the pack all of the time.

rcb2000

WKR
I had to use zip ties pulled super tight to get a good seal from my platypus to the sawyer quick disconnect, but worked great.

Backyard

WKR
I would use it for dirty water too. I'm just thinking of times when I have to resupply. Right now I'll carry two empty platypus bottles and fill up when necessary for filtering back at camp. I wouldn't have it full in the pack all of the time.
I guess I do the same except I only carry one 2 ltr. My camp is usually near a water source tho(200-300 yds or closer) so I'm not carrying it very far like that. But I still think it would hold up great with no problems.

Backyard

WKR
i have, but ended up not dealing with it and just use the sawyer bags. i was thinking about taking a lighter to heat up the platy threads and then force it on with hopes it would correct the threading..
The threads were never the problem, it was the fact that the seams on the sawyer bags never held up. you can't squeeze water from a bag with ripped out seams.

I was the water filtration guy and on a group Grand Canyon hiking trip and used a platypus gravity works system with some mods. I bought a platy universal adaptor and a sawyer accessory kit. Used the platy dirty bag and filter and an MSR drom bag as a clean camp water bag. With the adaptors I was able to fill the msr, Nalgene bottles, source bladders, platy bladders, Aquafina bottles, etc. for the whole group.