Sawyers Permethrin

ODB

WKR
Nope. Used it quite a bit, and pretty much washed my clothes in it before I went to Africa.

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
No issues for me. I started using it after I got covered by chigger bites in west central Illinois one year for the squirrel opener August 1. Spent a month in bed covered in calamine lotion after that. Sawyers has kept the chiggers and ticks off me since then.

twall13

WKR
I've been using it successfully for years as well with no side effects that I can see. On a trip to Africa last year my brother and I coated pretty much everything in it while my dad did not. Guess who came home with a hitchhiker tick between his toes...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
Zero issues, and I rarely get ticks anymore, and I turkey hunt a lot in tick infested habitat!

I think most ticks I get are after the hunt when I am not wearing treated clothing.

I also wear some long, just below the knee tick "proof" socks, got some off Amazon.

BigPrince

FNG
No issues and I went from getting ticks all the time where I was at in the spring to zero.

Gutshotem

WKR
We use the concentrate from tractor supply and have had no issues. This is dilluted to the .5% like Sawyers.

I do the same. I lay all of my hunting clothes and use a garden sprayer to give them a good soak. You can mix a few gallons for the price of one bottle of Sawyer

Voyageur

WKR
Been using it for 5 or 6 years now and highly recommend it.
Last year I had several articles of my dedicated warm weather outdoor clothing treated by a company called Insect Shield. It was relatively inexpensive and is advertised to last at least 70 washings. Worked great at repelling ticks and such all last summer. The real test will be to see how effective it is again this summer.
Self applied Permethrin only lasts 6 washings or six weeks...whichever comes sooner.

jjh

FNG
I use the JT Eaton brand found on Amazon. It is usually priced $30-$35 for a gallon ready to spray on clothing.

GotDraw?

WKR
OP @Brian

No one answered your question RE DWR.

Odds are high that it will hurt or impact your DWR. And if you DWR treat your clothes after spraying with Permethrin, then Permethrin's effectiveness will be reduced or eliminated.

This is due to the way the Permethrin is made available to insects that get on your clothes. I spoke with a company that markets Permethrin treated clothes to foresters and timber cruisers. They know their stuff.

JL