SCAM ALERT Please read

colersu22

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got an email as well and like other thought it was strange, then I got picks of a Kifaru bag and not a HPG bag and didn't even respond back. Thanks for the quick action mods with the boot.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are they getting your email info, I looked in a couple people profiles that mentioned they were emailed and there is no mention in anyone's profile about an email address. Have we been infiltrated?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he sent me a email too, responding to my wtb ad for duplex frame and another email for my ad for the wtb apollo/22mag, he said the same thing to me "i have what you need"
i responded and asked for pics of what he had
he sent me pics of a t2 in highlander
i responded that is not what i need..... i need a duplex and 22 mag or apollo
he never replied

i too thought it was very strange

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well shit just checked my junk email and he sent 1 to me to. Here is the email sent.

This is a message from k_shooter at Rokslide Forum ( http://www.rokslide.com/forums/ ). The Rokslide Forum owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email k_shooter, you can use this online form:
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=14984

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Hello, i have what you are looking for which is in good condition to purchase, if you are till in the market i can help you out.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This sounds very similar to Craigslist scams. I've sold a fair amount of stuff on CL and occasionally get emails about an item that I am selling that is very vague and written like someone who speaks broken English. The difference is, I'm selling and they're buying so they want to send me a cashiers check or something and then arrange to have the item shipped. Kind of sucks that these assholes are now targeting hunting forums but I guess I'm not too surprised.

OP
W

welpro222

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I hate it on craigslist when you see an ad for a $20k pickup truck and the asking price is $2,500. I wish it was true and now they even have phone numbers for texting instead of just e-mails for scamming.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every deal that I've done here has gone smoothly. Some guys have gone out of their way to ship things faster than was necessary. It's too bad that d-bags like this eventually show up.

Kudos to Ryan for booting him quickly, but it'd still be nice if he ended up strapped to a tree, covered in syrup

OP
W

welpro222

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had a member here (can't remember who) shipped me a $800 rifle scope before I sent M/O to him, just because I felt nervous sending a M/O, instead of paypal.

CoHiCntry

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   1
You guys all lost out... he's totally legit! Just sent him a crap ton of money for a bunch of gear. Really looking forward to getting it!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got 1 yesterday from somebody called Jodi here at rockslide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

reaper

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Well shit just checked my junk email and he sent 1 to me to. Here is the email sent.

This is a message from k_shooter at Rokslide Forum ( http://www.rokslide.com/forums/ ). The Rokslide Forum owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email k_shooter, you can use this online form:
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=14984

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Hello, i have what you are looking for which is in good condition to purchase, if you are till in the market i can help you out.

Yep exactly the same shit i received...

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 1 yesterday from somebody called Jodi here at rockslide?

Jodi is Robby's wife, and for whatever reason the monthly newsletter came from her yesterday. I will vouch for her, she's legit ;)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jodi is Robby's wife, and for whatever reason the monthly newsletter came from her yesterday. I will vouch for her, she's legit ;)

I opened it and had all kinds of interesting things. Was just the first I me if ever gotten anything like that. Thanks for clarifying.

Are you and your husband hunting ready? After seeing all of the pics with you and the packs and very good reviews and thoughts I assume you both are holding back standing at the gates ready. Good luck to you both!