Scammer Alert: rhythmshooter

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
Last Wednesday, I posted the following WTB ad: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/remington-m700-ks-mountain-rifle.301518/

On Thursday morning, I received the reply below from: https://rokslide.com/forums/members/rhythmshooter.64286/

Hi there,
I have an excellent used Remington 700 KS mountain stainless steel rifle in .270 Winchester. There are light wear from use, other than that the rifle is in immaculate and perfect condition. Fitted with a 24 inch barrel, factory decelerator butt pad, black McMillan stock, trigger breaks like glass, blue printed action and match grade barrel. Talley one piece lightweight rings are included... Let me know if you are interested so I can send pics, thanks.

I asked for pictures and they were sent via PM on Thursday evening. A brief conversation took place, with the potential seller being responsive. I asked for a picture of the rifle with his username written on paper and displayed with the rifle in the picture. As you guessed, he ghosted me.

I monitored his profile for the remainder of the day and throughout the weekend. He continued to log into the forum numerous times per day until being last seen on Saturday. In the meantime, I asked him via PM if the picture would be a problem and for a picture of the bolt face and rear of the locking lugs. Haven't heard from him since.

CorbLand

WKR
As a reminder. It is extremely easy to photoshop a picture of a piece of paper with their user name on it. It is not a foolproof method.

dtrkyman

WKR
"There are light wear from use", poor grammar is a big red flag, yeah I know we all have it to an extent but that is strange wording!

Also I got you you want buddy...lol

OP
S

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
"There are light wear from use", poor grammar is a big red flag, yeah I know we all have it to an extent but that is strange wording!

Also I got you you want buddy...lol
You can't take it with you, so we should talk, lol.