Scarpa Zodiak Tech

Vandy321

WKR
Who's got them, what have you used in the past to compare to. Pros, cons, likes dislikes?

Cannot find these local to try on, but looking for a stiff, lightweight, non-insulted boot with a little more room in the toe box than my Crispi Briksdal and Asolo Fugutives. I have a narrower foot, but do like a little wider toe box.

These are seemingly the ticket, but nothing really on rokslide for reviews except the Zodiak plus, which is a less stiff version, more of a lightweight hiker

Last edited:

JohnB

WKR
I have them and the stiff sole beats me up over a couple days. If my trip involves a decent amount of trail miles then I cant use them. Day hunting when I'm predominantly traveling off trail then I'm happy with them. I've go a wider forefoot and thinner heel and I'm able to keep my foot locked down and since breaking them in have not had blister issues.

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
What other boots have you used in the past that makes the Zodiak stiff by comparison. My stiffest boots (according to gohunt/crispi stiffness scale) are the briksdal, which are a 4-flex rating on gohunt, as is the Zodiak Tech. I dont find the briksdal too stiff and would be pretty happy if the Zodiak was a similar stiffness in a lighter weight/non-insulated boot.

JohnB

WKR
I don't have any experience with other hunting targeted boots. They are slightly less stiff than La Sportiva Nepal Evos but way stiffer than Sportiva TX4s or any boot that is hiking targeted.

wildcat33

WKR
I haven't worn them, but I can tell you they are intended as a mountaineering boot and will be very stiff since they have a heel welt for crampon compatibility (implying the stiffness required to use crampons safely). Whatever the Schnees scale is, they will certainly be near the top of stiffness. Similar to La Sportiva Trango, Scarpa Chamoz, etc.

If you grab them in your hand and try to bend the toe, they will bend very very slightly.

S.Clancy

WKR
I was looking at these and ended up buying the Mescalito Mid GTX. They should be in next week. FYI, my go to leather boot is the Kinesis Pro GTX, Scarpa makes real good boots

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
I bought the ZT. By far my favorite boot yet for my needs. Plenty comfy for even terrain/trails and excelled on the windblown scree and with crampons on the ice up at 14k a few weeks back. My Crispis have been retired to dog walking duty

Last edited: