Crispi Guide NI vs a bunch of other boots sizing and fit questions

BertDaKat

FNG
Hello,

I currently wear Crispi Guides in 10, and I like the fit, except the toe box has shrunk on me over the past year and long downhills are a bit of a pain. The little heel relief area has cracked, and I'm wearing through the liner, so I don't see a reason to get them resoled. I'll be heading over to Denver in a few days to buy a new gun and try on some different boots. I'm planning on hitting up Scheels, Sportsmans, 1 Shot Gear, and maybe BassPro/Cabelas/REI. I have a wide forefoot, but a normal size heel. I run a 10 length in Altra Lone Peaks, but I wear a 10.5 for the Escalantes becasuse of the narrower toe box. These boots will be for deer/elk/off trail hiking in Northern Colorado. I like the 3 Flex of the Guides, but I'm interested in trying something slightly stiffer. I'm considering purchasing a 10" GTX boot (italics) for hunting/work in the snow, and an 8" leather lined pair for the rest of the year. Not married to those height combinations though.

I'm looking to try on and test out the following boots in the following sizes:

Meindl Comfort Fit Hunter Uninsulated
10, 10.5

Hanwag Ancash II
10, 10.5

Hanwag Yukon
10, 10W, 10.5, 10.5W

Lowa Baffin Pro LL II
10, 10W, 10.5, 10.5W

Zamberlan 980
10, 10.5

Crispi Guide NI
10, 10W, 10.5, 10.5W

Crispi Anchor Point
10, 10W, 10.5, 10.5W

Crispi Briksdal Non-Insulated GTX
10, 10W, 10.5,10.5W

Crispi Idaho II
10, 10W, 10.5, 10.5W

My fit questions and comments are:

How does the Ancash fit compare to the Yukon and Yukon Wide? Looks like Scheels and 1 Shot both carry the Hanwag Ancash, but not the Yukon. If the fit of the Yukon is similar to the Ancash, I would potentially purchase the Yukons online. After doing a search, looks like the Wide would be a similar fit to the Ancash?

How to the Meindls compare in fit to Crispis or other boots listed above? I owned a pair of the Meindl Denalis that they did for Cabelas, but I forgot the size. Those boots failed on me in Central Alaska, but that was more due to a lack of arch support. Since then I wear Superfeet Greens in all my boots for arch support, so I'm willing to give Meindls another shot. Not a huge fan of that foam system they have though. Also, are there any Meindl dealers in the area? I'm not seeing anything in the US that's not the Sidney, NE location or Hoffman Boots in ID.

As far as the Crispis go, looks like they have a bunch of different lasts, so I'll have to try on the individual boots. I read on here the Idahos are a little roomier in the toes than the Guides, but I'll see for myself. I can't find the Anchor Points in store, but they look like a leather lined version of the West River that is a Scheels exclusive.

I'll be able to get my feet into the Lowas and Zamberlans and get a feel for them. Reading around, they're similar to Crispis, within reason. Zams toebox might be narrower than I want.

Thanks in advance for answering my questions and offering any advice.

Badger 5

Lil-Rokslider
I have a very similar dilemma and would love to hear your thoughts on boots you tried on!

OP
B

BertDaKat

FNG
I bought another pair for the Guide NIs in 10.5, and a pair of the Yukon Wides in 10.5. The Guides got fine and are pretty comfortable. Jury is still out on the Yukon. Took a bunch of snow so I don't feel like taking non-GTX boot out much. So far I'm not loving the Yukons.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Meindl USA and us (Hoffman's) are the only placed to find Meindl's. We also carry Meindl boots with safety toe if ever needed by anyone. I would really like to see you give our Explorer boot a shot. These are great fitting boots and among the best fit out there.

boatlee

FNG
If you are wearing out the liner, maybe re evaluate your socks?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk