Schnee's Beartooth 0g Longterm Review

I recently picked up a pair of uninsulated Schnee’s Beartooth boots. Since I couldn't find a long-term review, I decided to document my experiences over the next few months.

Aside from spending almost every weekend in the woods for recreation, I also work full time in natural resources and dedicating a significant amount of time to wildfire’s during the summer. Given my line of work, I tend to be hard on my boots. Over the past decade, I've experimented with various pairs of Kenetrek’s and Scarpa’s, with various levels of success and comfort.

Straight out of the box, I was impressed with the build quality and fit. I can confirm that Schnee’s sizing is indeed accurate to the Brannock Device. This weekend, I plan to put some miles on them and will provide a report back on their performance.

IMG_4163.jpeg

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
I got a new pair last year and took them out this past weekend in Oregon. We've had some snow and lots of rain this year so it was a good test of waterproof ability. The stood up for 2 days in the hills for about 25 miles total. Feet never got wet and they were comfortable. I'm used to a little shorter boot, but getting used to these fairly quick. So far so good and I am happy with the fit.

I have a pair that’s 8 years old. They are beat up, but still fully functioning. For reference, most of my other boots won’t make it 2 seasons.

OP
moose paddle
Took them out from a 4-5 mile hike this week most it hiking through ankle to calf deep snow. Feet stayed dry and they were extremely comfortable. I was impressed, no break in at all.

Even more impressive was Schnee's Customer Service Dept. I found a tear in the leather on the tongue of my left boot while putting my gaiters on, I sent an email to Schnee's Saturday night and Cody with their Customer Service Dept had a response with a solution to my problem to me first thing Monday morning...... very happy with my decision.

River1313

FNG
I’m Excited to follow along! I just received my first pair of Beartooths as well. Haven’t used a heavier tall boot before but hoping they take good care of my feet.

I've had 2 pairs for several years, use them elk hunting in CO, hiking in TN and work. They have held up great. I've used 1 pair in some nasty chemical environments at work and no issues.

I have had a pair of timberlines for 4 years almost 400 miles on them according to my garmin..They are still great boots, my Beartooths are a year or two older and have over 400 miles on them, no issues either.

I've had mine for 3 years. Countless miles in many mtn rangers from September to January. I'm still as impressed when I bought them and they're still waterproof

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
My relationship with Beartooths goes back to 2008 and encompasses 3 pairs. My oldest pair finally are no longer waterproof. Why? because finally the laces wore a few holes in the tongue. No idea how many miles, but it is a big number. Pair number 2 goes back to 2016. Still waterproof, still going strong. Got a deal on a pair in 2021. this is my new pair and they only get used for elk hunting. Honestly, when I put on any of the three, I get that feeling like the smirk and nod from Redford in Jeremiah Johnson. I should be getting commission as I have convinced over a dozen guys to buy them in addition to the ones I bought for my kids.

Kids? Oh yeah, listen to this great idea! Christmas time and I tell the wife I would like to get my 15 year old boys Beartooths. She gives me the look and says their feet are still growing. Yeah, but they are my size now and if they outgrow them, I will put them to good use!! Boom!

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Following. Just got my Beartooth 0g as well with the sale they are having. The first pair I received was just slightly too tight, but customer service was amazing and made the change to a larger size in no time. My Crispi's started leaking after two and a half seasons, so hoping these last a bit longer. Just waiting on some new aftermarket insoles before beginning to break these in properly.

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
I got a pair of 0g Beartooths in spring 2021. Not sure the number of miles but it was a decent number with a few elk trips, deer, bear, and turkey hunts. Really enjoyed wearing them especially with Sheepfeet insoles. For me, the insoles really made the difference between all day comfort, day-in and day-out, for those longer consecutive day hunts. That said, I did have to send them back for repair this fall. The stitching and seams in the lower ankle area failed. Schnees repaired them for free. Right now I’m trying the Timberlines as a comparison to the Beartooths, which will be hard to beat in my opinion.

Going on 6 years with my current pair of beartooths. Absolutely love them and have zero complaints, even after they have been through some pretty serious trips and packouts from TX to AK.

DeePow

FNG
I too picked up a pair during the March Madness sale to replace my Absarokas that have little to no tread remaining. I couldn’t believe the feeling when I first put the boot on, I’ve only taken them on mellow hikes since there is still too much snow in the hills but I look forward to chasing sheds.

Although, I can’t tell if I’m having buyers remorse since I just saw they released the new V3

craigrh13

FNG
I got a pair of 0g Beartooths in spring 2021. Not sure the number of miles but it was a decent number with a few elk trips, deer, bear, and turkey hunts. Really enjoyed wearing them especially with Sheepfeet insoles. For me, the insoles really made the difference between all day comfort, day-in and day-out, for those longer consecutive day hunts. That said, I did have to send them back for repair this fall. The stitching and seams in the lower ankle area failed. Schnees repaired them for free. Right now I’m trying the Timberlines as a comparison to the Beartooths, which will be hard to beat in my opinion.
I LOVE. my Timberlines.

just picked up a pair of the new Beartooth V3. Very impressed with the quality. However, I’m encountering some heel slippage, even after they inserted cork below the toes. Will try wearing around with my sheep feet. Hoping that will fix the heel slippage. Debating if I should go down a half size..

OP
moose paddle
Just got back from a two week trip in West Texas, boots held up extremly well to the rocky ground.

I have been extremely impressed with the comfort of these boot, compared to my old Kenetrek Mountain Extreme's I find the Beartooth's significantly more comfortable. I also find them to stay much cooler then previous pairs of Kenetrek's and Scarpa's I've owned.

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else with the V3? Looking and grabbing a pair. Wondering how they compare to the previous version.