Schnee’s boots

Kakin

FNG
I ordered a pair of Schnee’s bear tooth boots, measured my feet with a brannock device and and talked with their customer service to get proper sizing. They recommended the info with a regular width size 11.
when I got the boots as soon as I put them on my 3rd, 4th, and 5th toes were bottoming out but my 1st and second were good.

would this issue be addressed by a wider size or is this typical of the fit of Schnee’s boots? Customer service is closed for the weekend and would like to order another set of boots ASAP

I’m not sure about the fit, I’d just try a size up and maybe a wide both, but either way Schnee’s customer service is top notch, they will take care of you.

Warmsy

WKR
I wear a12 or 13 in most things. I ordered 12 but my big toe touches. Sent them back for size 13 and they fit wonderfully. Going to a wide size can mess up the heel fit. Not sure how schnees does their wides

OP
K

Kakin

FNG
A0DC4530-C8C8-4D98-AE58-98E7E5365B52.jpeg
The red areas are where there is zero room, big toe and second toe are good. Ordered a wide in a pair of the granite boots (10” instead of the 9”) as that was the only one with the size I needed needed and I figure with the 25% off sale they have on I might be SOL if waited till Tuesday

Rokwiia

WKR
Sizing is a funny thing. I got the Timberline's in 10.5 and they fit perfectly. The same with the Absaroka...10.5 and divinely comfortable.

I ordered the Divide Mid in 10.5 and they were too short. Ordered a pair in 11 and now too narrow. I eventually ordered the 11 wide and they fit.

Go figure.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Schnees sizing is wonky. I had to return my Timberlines completely as I couldnt get any size to work. I'm 11s across the board. Crispi, Zamberlain, and kenetrek I'm that size. I ordered the Timberlines in 11 and they felt like clown shoes. Over an inch in front of my big toe. Ordered the 10.5 and my pinky was squashed on the side, and I couldn't wiggle my toes. Just wasn't meant to be

Doodle

FNG
Schnees sizing is wonky. I had to return my Timberlines completely as I couldnt get any size to work. I'm 11s across the board. Crispi, Zamberlain, and kenetrek I'm that size. I ordered the Timberlines in 11 and they felt like clown shoes. Over an inch in front of my big toe. Ordered the 10.5 and my pinky was squashed on the side, and I couldn't wiggle my toes. Just wasn't meant to be
I’ll echo the wonkyness. I have a pair of granite 600’s that fit like a dream….ordered an uninsulated bear tooth in the same size (and then in 10 wide, and 11) and couldn’t make them fit. Go figure.

I measure between a 12 and 12.5 and just a smidge over regular width on a brannok device. I ordered size 13 wide beartooths 200g. I was almost convinced they were too small, but decided to keep wearing them in the house and they have turned out to fit great. I think the insulation needed just a bit of time to compress some. I would highly recommend going to a wide. My heel does not have a problem slipping in the wides either, it is locked in solid. I have had the heel slip issues with other wide boots in the past but not the schnees. Im glad I kept them, I actually look forward to putting them on unlike other boots ive had in the past. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how tight yours are in those areas but being such a stiff all leather boot, as they break in they will get roomier. Mine were tight toward the toe areas, put miles on them and now they're like a glove. Good luck

OP
K

Kakin

FNG
my wide sized boots arrived today, had to go with the Granite because they were the only option in my size while staying in the same style but the fit is better over all. the boot is still quite snug but my outside 3 toes are not crammed up against the end. Hoping that with some wear they will loosen up a touch more across the front of the foot but over all much better. The original pair made my feet hurt just in the 2 minutes I had them on in the house

chilly460

FNG
I do not have a wide foot at all, and had to go up a full size and still had to stretch my Beartooths.

Nawender

FNG
I had similar sizing issues with Beartooths. Had to go to a wide to get enough room in the toe box.

Yoder

WKR
I ordered Beartooths in 10 1/2 wide during the black friday sale. They were too narrow and I wanted something that had more support. I returned them and got the Granites in 11's. They fit perfect. Also, Schnees never charged me the difference for the more expensive boot. I have about 30 miles on them so far and they are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. I will definitely buy from them again.

Wildgame

FNG
I ordered 6 pairs of boots from different brands online before finding the right fit. That was before I tried another 5 pairs and brands in stores.
I never had an issue finding good-fitting shoes or sneakers. Finding the right Mountaineering (hunting ) boots however was the biggest PITA.
One thing I learned. If they do not fit right from the get-go..I would return them. There is no way I will pay over $400 for boots that don't fit me like a glove. Not to mention the expectation of the boots "breaking in" over time, is not a risk I am willing to take.

jbowlbs

FNG
I ordered a pair of Schnee’s bear tooth boots, measured my feet with a brannock device and and talked with their customer service to get proper sizing. They recommended the info with a regular width size 11.
when I got the boots as soon as I put them on my 3rd, 4th, and 5th toes were bottoming out but my 1st and second were good.

would this issue be addressed by a wider size or is this typical of the fit of Schnee’s boots? Customer service is closed for the weekend and would like to order another set of boots ASAP
I would not say that’s typical, I wear a size 13 and I ordered the beartooths in 13’s and they fit perfect. Didn’t wear them at all before a 6 mile hike and had no blistering even without breaking them in.

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
I found the 200g Granite sizing to be "normal" but slightly narrow. My 200g Granites in size 9 "wide" have a similar length to my Lowa Tibet size 9 wide, but the Granite's are definitely not as wide- the outer sole width on the Granites is narrower than that of the Tibets.

My super wide feet get a tiny bit of pinky toe crunch in the Granites, but not enough to be a concern.