Scope always needs adjustment.

williaada

WKR
I purchased a VX-1 through a local gun smith and had the smith mount the scope on a rifle. I sighted in the rifle, but noticed after about a week I needed to make adjustment to the scope because I was 7-8” high. I took the gun back to the gun smith and had the rings and rifle checked out again to make sure everything was mounted correctly. I was assured everything was mounted correctly. Went back out to the range sighted in the rifle, and again the rifle the rifle was high. Took the scope and rifle to another gun smith just to double check the scope and rifle. Again no issue with the mount or the scope. Went back and sighted in the rifle. Same thing as before. I have now used up all of the downward adjustment on the scope and still have the same issue. I believe the scope is not hold zero. Mostly because I changed scopes out of the rifle, and it has turned into one of my my consistent rifles in terms of accuracy. Has anyone else experienced this with Leopold Scopes.

hntr

FNG
VX1, while still a good scope, it is on the cheaper end for Leupold . Not sure what caliber you are using. Most people I know that have use vx1 have them on low powered deer rifles and predator calibers. I don't know how they hold up on larger calibers. If you have a larger caliber you will need a mag rated scope. I know a lot of people that have this same problem on there 7mm, 300 wby etc bc they went cheap on their scope. Bigger calibers require a little higher end scope. I have the leupold vx3i and burris xtrii, fantastic scopes that won't break the bank. I know price is always a factor but I wouldn't spend any less than 500 on optics for my rifles. Your optics are more important than the rifle. Buy once cry once brother. Good luck.

Yep. Seen it quite a few times. Do a search of the internet (not just this site) and you will find lots of similar issues. If someone gave me a Leupold (regardless of line) I'd immediately sell it for something reliable, but that's me...lots to like about Leupolds except their durability and zero retention...You have a bad scope. Send it in, get it fixed, then sell it and upgrade to a scope that will actually hold zero.