Scope for european hunting rifle custom build

amassi

WKR
At the moment pig hunting has been stopped due to the epidemic of PSA (don't know the name in english) but normally yes, i hunt pigs at any hour with a very nice bergara b14 in 308 topped with a 2-10×50i Khales. That setup is a killing machine

African swine fever in English

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
It is absolutely overblown

That's what i thought too. But forums are made to overthink things, right? XD
Jokes aside, why would you pick a nx8 instead of a march 2.5-25x52? The cost is almost the same here in europe

amassi

WKR
That's what i thought too. But forums are made to overthink things, right? XD
Jokes aside, why would you pick a nx8 instead of a march 2.5-25x52? The cost is almost the same here in europe

Reliability

amassi

WKR
Have you looked at the s&b polar 4-16x56
FFP
Illumination
Mil/mil
Fantastic low light

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
This one meets your specs:

Me personally, I would choose a 2.5-10 NXS with a simple MIL-R reticle for 500yrd shooting with a 308.

Edit: i didnt mean to post a link to the SFP version. FFP is what you want.
I agree, with that relatively small magnification range, a ffp is a good choice

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
Have you looked at the s&b polar 4-16x56
FFP
Illumination
Mil/mil
Fantastic low light

Yes, that one checks all the boxes, only issue is that with a deviant ga hunter action with integral rail i am not sure i will be able to mount the scope correctly with that weird additional illumination turret

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
Reliability

Have you ever heard about any reliability issue with a march? I didn't. The NF is surely bomb proof but i am not going to war with it so the substantially lighter weight of the march is interesting. I would pick a NF 3-15 in a heartbeat if it had a MIL reticle anyway, it would be perfect in SFP, used at 15 or 7.5 for wind holds with, as i understood, better optical performances because of the lower magnification range.
3-15 or 3-18 would be perfect for me :(

amassi

WKR
Have you ever heard about any reliability issue with a march? I didn't. The NF is surely bomb proof but i am not going to war with it so the substantially lighter weight of the march is interesting. I would pick a NF 3-15 in a heartbeat if it had a MIL reticle anyway, it would be perfect in SFP, used at 15 or 7.5 for wind holds with, as i understood, better optical performances because of the lower magnification range.
3-15 or 3-18 would be perfect for me :(

Not enough March experience
I had a 3-24x52 briefly and it worked as expected.
But the nightforce is a known quantity.
It really sounds like you’d be well served with the aforementioned nxs 2.5-10 mil r

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
Not enough March experience
I had a 3-24x52 briefly and it worked as expected.
But the nightforce is a known quantity.
It really sounds like you’d be well served with the aforementioned nxs 2.5-10 mil r

I prefer a 50 mm or bigger bell, i hunt a lot before dawn or after sunset!

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
It is illuminated and is lighter than the shv.
Oh yes sorry i didn't read well the model. Mh i need a bigger objective (50mm and above) and this scope doesn't have parallax regulation. As i said, the scope i am looking for could not exist ahah

axeforce6

WKR
The 2.5x20 NX8 works really well on a short action. It’ll mount like every other US based scope. The illumination turret won’t be an issue.

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
The 2.5x20 NX8 works really well on a short action. It’ll mount like every other US based scope. The illumination turret won’t be an issue.
Do you refer to the illumination turret of a S&B?