Scope for my sheep hunt

roymunson

WKR
Worked like a dream for me last week on a moose at 300 yards. I 'd have no problems taking that scope into any hunting scenario.

JordanM

FNG
I echo everyone else’s comments. My last NF was bought from a sponsor on here (Ryan @Piercision) who was awesome to work with so post up a WTB add and you may get a quick response. I hate to recommend flebay but there are always a few “deals” on there and you can sometime message dealers to see what their cash price is. Same works for gunbroker occasionally.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
The NF 2.5-10 is an excellent scope. I have had several of them in 24,32 and 42.

Although it’s not in the current lineup, I prefer the IHR reticle, my aging eyes see the crosshairs quicker than the MOAR style.

CorbLand

WKR
I can’t help on the scope but if you go the WTB route, please be careful. That price point is prime for scammers.

atmat

WKR
NF 2.5-10 is awesome if you’re okay with SFP and the reticle choices. My experience was the glass wasn’t great compared to even the NX8 (which has its own trade offs, too) — but it was definitely serviceable. I hunt a lot of dense hardwoods before/after sunrise/sunset and mostly noticed it there. Again, still totally serviceable — about on par with the SWFA 3-9

The SB 3-12 is another good one. Better glass, slightly less rugged (but still good), better reticle, and better top end mag.

Sunset606

FNG
I run a vx5hd 3-15, And have dialed out to 650 with it and returns to zero every time. Don’t think you can go wrong with the nightforce. But I haven’t had any issues with my Leupolds tracking either. I would personally dial out to 4-500 yards with the Leupold a dozen times at the range or so and see what it does. If it returns to zero I’d keep rocking the leupold.

OP
N

nuclear worker

Lil-Rokslider
I run a vx5hd 3-15, And have dialed out to 650 with it and returns to zero every time. Don’t think you can go wrong with the nightforce. But I haven’t had any issues with my Leupolds tracking either. I would personally dial out to 4-500 yards with the Leupold a dozen times at the range or so and see what it does. If it returns to zero I’d keep rocking the leupold.
Thanks I have a VX6HD 5-24x52 on my sheep rifle. No problem with it at all. But I built a 6BR for target shooting that I am going to put it on. Never used that much magnification. So I’m putting a NF with less magnification and it a little lighter.