Scope Mounting Hardware Help - Sig Sauer BDX and Bergara B14

Hello - I've only ever shot iron sights for the most part, and I'm gearing up for hunting this fall. Just want to make sure I'm ordering the correct/optimal hardware and would appreciate anyone's wisdom.

My setup (so far):
Bergara B-14 Wilderness Ridge (300 Win Mag)
Sig Sauer Sierra3 BDX 6.5-20 x 52mm

I understand that the mounts for the base plate on the Bergara is the Remington 700 geometry. I'll be going with a 0 MOA setup for hunting (under 400 yds most likely, though maybe a bit further if I get an Oryx tag).

My questions:
With the 300 Win Mag, do I want a 2 piece base plate setup to allow more room for the long action?
What base plate setup would anyone recommend?
With the 30mm tube size, I was looking at the Sig scope ring mounts. What height above the pic rail should I order?
Are there "better" 30mm tube mounts that will work fine on the Sig scopes (Vortex, Leupold, etc.)?

Thanks for any help!

Hey there! I'm looking to mount almost the same thing except 4.5x14 on the bergara. What did you end up going with and did it work well??

I went with the Sig Sauer Alpha1 scope rings SOA10013 (1.12"). These fit perfect with my scope (52mm objective) on a Remington 700 one piece 0 MOA rail (for long actions).

I initially tried lapping the rings with a power drill, but they appeared fairly concentric and true so I wouldn't bother (maybe not the case with cheaper rings).

In the end I would recommend the aluminum Sig rings just for matching bling factor, but I also had a bad experience with the steel Sig rings I tried on my 6.5CM Bergara and smaller BDX (stripped threads on the bottom rings). YMMV, and I think most here recommend ~$100 Talley/Warne/Vortex/Nightforce rings all the same.

Reactions: COH
Back