Scope question: Trijicon TM vs Maven RS 1.2

cpalm9

Lil-Rokslider
I've been reading all of the posts I can related to these two scopes. Both of the scopes are about the same price. Anyone have experience with both? All of the reviews are great although the one hesitation I have with the Trijicon is a few folks seemed to point towards the Maven instead of the Trijicon.

I like the MIL reticle for the Maven but only the MOA reticle is in stock while I could get the Trijicon MIL reticle now. However, one of my concerns with the Trijicon reticle is the red/green illumination lights up the whole reticle rather than just a dot. I'm red/green colorblind so I wouldn't notice the colors anyways? This is my first higher quality scope with illumination so just looking for some perspective on that.

Any feedback or help would be awesome!

MidTen

FNG
So I am also in the exact same boat as you between these two. Have you made a choice? If so which one and why?

OP
C

cpalm9

Lil-Rokslider
So I am also in the exact same boat as you between these two. Have you made a choice? If so which one and why?
I’ll likely pick up the Maven. However, I did just look at a Nightforce NX8 and I was a big fan. But I’ll still likely end up with the Maven due to cost.

OP
C

cpalm9

Lil-Rokslider
curious to see what you went with
I'm going Maven. Just waiting for the Mil version to come back. Maven said sometime early June. No rush for me though. Just ordered a Bergara 7 PRC and I'm primarily shooting my bow right now anyways

Im color blind as well, i just bought a tenmile. The red/green illumination is either/or, not both at the same time. It has 5 levels of brightness for each. I bought it for the ability to switch. Being colorblind i find theres some situations/lighting conditions i can see one color better than the other, though ive been using red mostly. The whole christmas tree reticle lights up you wont have a problem seeing it, if anything it might be a lot of lit up stuff for some. Dont think of it like a red dot. Its an illuminated reticle so you can see the whole reticle to make a low light shot in wind where you want to see your windage marks or to see the elevation lines if you dont want to dial. Theres enough there for me i could take a quick close shot in low light, just put the animal on top of the lit up christmas tree. I havent used the maven but im very happy with the tenmile.