Scope rings / base for model 70

Choupique

WKR
I'm looking for the best scope base/ring setup for a model 70 long action with SWFA 3-15x42. I have Talley lightweights right now, but my crosshairs are a little crooked so it's coming off this summer anyway to get straightened out.

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
Leupold back country ring mounts are nice if you like one piece base/ring.
^ This. Super impressed with a set I put on a LAW M704 rifle with a swfa 6x42. Never been happy with talleys. Either that pictanny rail and rings.

OP
Choupique

Choupique

WKR
I dont really have a preference for 1 piece vs 2 or anything. I just want something that I don't have to worry about ever again.

My current M70 two piece combo is Burris Xtreme base with Seekins Precision rings.

(M70 Classic LA with Burris base, Seekins low, LRHS 3-12 is below).

The Seekins are bulkier, but have been very solid for me.

IMG_0193 crop.jpg

Full rail provides more mounting flexibility, but usually is higher.

Last edited:

bayangler

FNG
I’ve been pretty happy with both the Burris Xtreme bases/Seekins .82 lows combo and the Near alpha one piece for my model 70s. I like the Burris/Seekins combo as it has all the advantages of a pic rail with easier access to loading and still relatively low. The only thing is if you want to bed the bases, you need to figure out some kind of jig to align the bases. I ordered one from TPS Products that I’m going to try.

grfox92

WKR
I had a Weaver 1 piece pic rail with Vortex Rings on mine. They never moved but I wouldn't buy the vortex again.

I would go Burris Rings if your on a budget and Seekins if your not.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a Winchester that needs different scope rings, I’m getting the 1 piece leupold backcountry mediums for it.

209hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had great luck with Warne bases and vertical split rings. I run them on all my centerfire rifles and muzzleloader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I run a 20moa rail and burris signature xtr rings. I can get to 2 grand in elevation and maintain 100 yard zero.