Scope Suggestions for SE Alaska

Ketch

FNG
Putting together a Tikka T3x Superlite in 270 win specific for hunting in SE Alaska. This thing has a hard life ahead of it. Its not if but when you are going to take a fall and will be wet most of the time so I want to make make sure I am getting the most rugged and reliable scope and components. Not a lot of options to look at hands on in local stores so hoping for some suggestions on scopes. Will be using NEAR Alpha one piece mounts. Have them on some other rifles and have been really happy with them. Based on everyone's comments here leaning towards a NF SHV 3-10 with the illuminated forceplex reticle. Most shots will probably be under 100 - 300 yards so wont be dialing the scope much. Trying to watch weight, but more concerned with durability and glass quality. Tried looking for info on Steiner GS3 without much success. Any other scope options out there I need to take a look at?

For those of you with a SHV 3-10 would you rather have parallax or illuminated reticle? Any water intrusion issues?

Also, in regards to the Tikka, are you guys seeing accuracy improvements by replacing the bottom metal (plastic) with aluminum? Another mod I am looking at would be to add a stainless recoil lug to replace the plain steel lug I am told is on the gun now. Other mods you would suggest to increase durability in a wet environment and accuracy?

Thanks

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
SHV 3-10 sounds like a great choice. Unfortunatly they don't make the parralax adjustable one anymore so you're stuck with the illuminated one. That isnt a bad thing though, I never saw the need to mess with parallax at the distances you're talking about, or even farther than that.

wyosam

WKR
SWFA, either 6x or 10x. Could go the 3-9 route as well, but For that kind of use, I’d probably have a tough as nails 6x and be done with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bater

WKR
For your needs 3-10 SHV or 3-9 SWFA. I’d prob lean towards the SFP NF if I was hunting around big bears in AK