Scopecam vs Novagrade digiscope adapters

CMF

WKR
Does anyone have experience with both? Any benefit of the Novagrade over the Scopecam?

I'm leaning toward the Scopecam Universal adapter. I like the idea that I can use any optic or phone and won't have to purchase additional components for new phones like with the magnetic style adapters.

It looks like the Novagrade utilizes multiple compression rings for different sizes, so there will be extra parts to keep up with vs the Scopecam which uses a different method and doesn't have the extra parts.

The Scopecam weighs 5.8 oz. and the Novagrade 8.6 oz

Slugz

WKR
Novagrade was big and bulky I thought. I used it for a few years cause that was the only thing that fit a Note 9. I think you will find these do it all one type adapters in theory are good, but each has its quirks.

We use the Magview and like its simplicty.

Reactions: CMF

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
I looked at the Novagrade and several others and chose the original Scopecam and case for Galaxy S8. I recently upgraded to IPhone 14pro and had to get the Scopecam universal adapter. I like the new set up but am still figuring out the quirks of a multi-camera phone. I really like that I can go from binos to spotter without extra parts. Just a few twists and it fits.

NovagradeSupport

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
NovagradeSupport here, the multiple compression rings that come with each adapter are to give you options to fit all kinds of optics you might have: old binos with skinny little eyepieces, your spotting scope or even that dusty old telescope sitting in the garage. Only one compression ring is needed to fit any given eyepiece, so the other compression rings that you don't use can be safely stored away. Hope this helps!