Season - 2020

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, it's hard to believe another season has passed us by. Crazy where the time is going. I had a great year in '19, with plans for 2020 to be even better. Unfortunately I didn't update the '19 thread as I would have like to do. Just never seemed to be enough time for everything.

Wishing you all the best for this year.

Use this thread as your own as well, I like to hear about all your stories, travels, successes, and adventures as well!

Les

SemperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
2020 is shaping up to be one heck of an experience. I've always dreamt of hunting elk and being a Missouri resident, this obviously isn't possible without hunting out of state. This year I will have the opportunity to elk hunt Idaho on a disabled veteran non-resident tag. I will be going with 2 other disabled vets and am looking forward to the experience. We have yet to pick a unit as we have no first hand knowledge of the area and only one of us have ever been elk hunting before but I'm excited nonetheless.

Best of luck to you and everyone else this year!

Zeus401

FNG
Planning my first out of state mule deer hunt in Idaho for the fall and can’t wait! Maybe Elk in 2021. Lol

2020 is shaping up to be one heck of an experience. I've always dreamt of hunting elk and being a Missouri resident, this obviously isn't possible without hunting out of state. This year I will have the opportunity to elk hunt Idaho on a disabled veteran non-resident tag. I will be going with 2 other disabled vets and am looking forward to the experience. We have yet to pick a unit as we have no first hand knowledge of the area and only one of us have ever been elk hunting before but I'm excited nonetheless.

That sounds awesome... Enjoy the trip! Good luck to you all & thank you for your service!

Had a great 2019 for elk calling in a bull for myself and a buddy.

In 2020 I am looking to burn my AZ elk points for a early archery tag. I was hoping to add on a WY general elk with my points but those odds ratcheted up in 2019 so we shall see.

Hunter2

FNG

Congrats to you all on the tags and thank you for your service. I wish I had some knowledge on Idaho units to pass along to you but that is one state I have yet to hunt. Good luck!

BFR

WKR
2019 was great here in Montana, grandson filled his gen. deer with a nice 4x4 and granddaughter a 2x3 on youth days. Wife, grandson and myself went to 621 unit to fill 6 tags, 5 deer and 1 antelope then back to unit 4 to fill 2 WT doe tags. Took the wife to Utah for an antlerless elk hunt, a very short one. Got to campground ,set up motor home and drove out of camp. Gone about 15 minutes and found a herd, got into range and dropped her cow, loaded and went back to camp and packed up. Start to finish less than 3 hours.
2020 I’m taking advantage of DAV license and tags for an Idaho hunt in unit 10A.

twall13

WKR
I'm excited to follow along again Les, I've followed these threads of yours for the last few years and since I can't hunt quite as much as you it's fun to follow along on your adventures. Best of luck to you in 2020!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SemperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
2019 was great here in Montana, grandson filled his gen. deer with a nice 4x4 and granddaughter a 2x3 on youth days. Wife, grandson and myself went to 621 unit to fill 6 tags, 5 deer and 1 antelope then back to unit 4 to fill 2 WT doe tags. Took the wife to Utah for an antlerless elk hunt, a very short one. Got to campground ,set up motor home and drove out of camp. Gone about 15 minutes and found a herd, got into range and dropped her cow, loaded and went back to camp and packed up. Start to finish less than 3 hours.
2020 I’m taking advantage of DAV license and tags for an Idaho hunt in unit 10A.

Good luck! I believe we'll be in Weiser River.

7mmshadow

FNG
It should be a blast wish you the best of luck. I just got back into archery and last year we were 70 yards away then he bolted. But the elk only talked for 2 days we were there. Backpacking in for 5 days. I just wish I started backpacking in when I was in my 20s and not my 40s. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
Had a great 2019 for elk calling in a bull for myself and a buddy.

In 2020 I am looking to burn my AZ elk points for a early archery tag. I was hoping to add on a WY general elk with my points but those odds ratcheted up in 2019 so we shall see.
I'm looking to do the same in Arizona how many points do you have.

gsimmons2

FNG
This year will be my first hardcore season since I started when I was about 16. Finally graduated college so I’m taking half of August and all of September to try and get a bull down in CO. Then I’ll be headed back to Oklahoma for Whitetail in November and hopefully get on a few in Texas hill country.

Pwells10

WKR
Not sure how I'll manage this year but we shall see (good problem to have)

ID Spring Bear
WY Rifle Antelope
ID Archery Elk
ID Rifle Deer
WY Rifle Elk
NE Whitetail
AZ Archery Couse
ID Mtn Goat (hope)

Hot_Rod51

FNG
Planning my first Elk bow hunt, joining a group of experienced Elk hunters. I feel pretty lucky for that. It looks like we're gonna try to draw Montana. If no luck there, we'll OTC Colorado in an area they're familiar with. Either way, I'm excited to get in the mountains.

Zcarlon

FNG
This will be my first year as well. Planning on OTC counter in Colorado. Been researching for almost a year and still working on picking a unit.