Second guessing shooting a 6.5cm tikka

Don’t use CCI 400s in CM anything
120-130 class bullets area better choice for general hunt and practice in the CM in my experience

OP
H
Don’t use CCI 400s in CM anything
120-130 class bullets area better choice for general hunt and practice in the CM in my experience
I didn't realize cci400 have a much thinner cup than the 450s and other SRPs and are generally not recommended for higher pressure cartridges until after I bought them. I'm not really wanting to end up with pierced primers, but Tikkas don't really have a loose pin/hole fit so it might not be an issue.

I didn't realize cci400 have a much thinner cup than the 450s and other SRPs and are generally not recommended for higher pressure cartridges until after I bought them. I'm not really wanting to end up with pierced primers, but Tikkas don't really have a loose pin/hole fit so it might not be an issue.
The only thing dumber than doing something dumb is when you know it is dumb but you do it anyway

OP
H
The only thing dumber than doing something dumb is when you know it is dumb but you do it anyway
There's also many reports of folks having no issues at all. So until CCI or one of their published resources tells me it should not be done, I'm ok trying them. However, I will be looking for some 450s or rem 7.5s in the local classifieds. They're not available in any local stores that I'm aware of.

Since you have 400s, why not do a 223?
Don't have a 223 bolt. Either way, they're supposedly not really recommended for use in 223 either. They're meant for the lower pressure CF cartridges.

So says the internet

chindits

WKR
I'm referring to cartridge length
Just shy of mag length. I usually only measure BTOJ but it looks like my first load was 2.951 COAL and with my gauge 2.302 BTOJ.

Subsequent firings BTOJ 2.299-2.302

I have not played with depth just load. I was a little dismayed at my first 12 rounds out of the rifle but at 60 down the barrel I’m pretty happy how it’s settled down but as I’ve indicated I don’t need high muzzle velocity for the 147 to carry 1800fps.