Seek 6 person nests

Hi,
Like many folks I’m trying to decide between a Seek Outside 6 man, 8 man, or Redcliff. I’m leaning towards the 6 man for the headspace, base camp, and still being possible to pack in a few miles as well. I’m curious if anyone has purchased a nest set up that would work for 3 people that is a little cheaper than the one they sell to go with it, or a nest that would fit 3 for a Redcliff. I’m guessing BearPaw could make one but I’d love to see some photos from anyone who has gone this route.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think most folks who use nests that aren't ours go the bearpaw route, or they use individual bug bivy's (not a bad solution that).

Deciding between a 6 and 8. Real difference is the 6 has 7 sqft of standing area, the 8 has 27 sqft. 8 is only a little bit heavier, but MUCH more headroom.

OP
J
Thanks for the info on headroom in the 8 person, it sounds nice. I looked at the specs and it’s not too much extra weight for the extra space. I’m concerned going that big it may be hard to find a spot to pitch it out here in the Rockies, even the 6 person and Redcliff seem like large footprints. If you do the flex pitch and shorten the tipi down I think you’d lose your guy out points and if the wind picked up that could be problematic. I also have a large stove and Seek recommends sxl on the small end for the 8 man so that’s an issue for me as well. I’m also considering the 4 person but it seems pretty small and no real good option for a nest that would fit 3 in the summer. No easy answers with deciding but I’ll get there eventually.

JeremiahH

WKR
I think most folks who use nests that aren't ours go the bearpaw route, or they use individual bug bivy's (not a bad solution that).

Deciding between a 6 and 8. Real difference is the 6 has 7 sqft of standing area, the 8 has 27 sqft. 8 is only a little bit heavier, but MUCH more headroom.
Do you guys have nests for the 4 person tipi ?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk