Seek Outside DST tarp vs Mountainsmith Mountain Shelter LT

Shadow14

WKR
After some consideration and reading alot of threads in here, I have narrowed my decision down to these two tarps and I need help deciding. I guess my question is which is larger? and which is more versatile? Thanks in advance. Long time lurker lol

The mountainsmith is just a shelter , versatility probably goes to the Dst if you want a shelter/tarp to glass from or more. Ive used the Mountainsmith and aside from condensation had no issues with it and the price is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Also owned both of these and used both. The DST is much more versatile but the LT Tarp is a very nice setup that you can put a Stove jack in.

If I had to pick one it would be the DST because of the versatility.

I don’t have any experience with the DTS but I have the mountainsmith and sewed a stove jack in and have had great experience with it. But like
Others have said it’s a shelter only and doesn’t allow for a lot of different pitches. I think it comes down to how you plan to use it but think both are solid choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a mountain Smith. They are pretty great for the money and it can take a stove. I love that it’s floorless be I can make my coffee in the morning wo leaving my bag. There is quite a bit of storage room w 2 people but is nearly a one man w the stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a DST that should be arrriving any day. I havent owned a mountain lt, but looked hard at getting one. It look like an incredible value. The dst and LT arent really apples to apples. A flat tarp is inherantly more versatile and yet not the best for severe exposed harsh conditions. Even if the DST can be pitched like an A-frame, it will have an open side. It really comes down to what you want, more storm worthiness (mountainsmith) or great adaptability for wider range of, albeit not extreme, conditions(DST). let us know what you get!

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk