Seek Outside Question

H

I have a quick question about the Lanner 5400. I recently picked up a lightly used one from here on Rokslide and got it out for two different trips. First of all, this pack is awesome! I love how utilitarian it is, the more I play with it, the more options I realize it has. I’m already spreading the word amongst all my peers about it.

Ok, the question. The only problem I am having is the top pack bag attachment webbing keeps walking itself out of the gatekeeper that is attached to the frame near the load lifters. After a bit of hiking it just starts to get sloppier and sloppier. has anyone experienced this? Is there a solution I’m missing?

I was thinking about adding a tri-glide to run the tail of the webbing back through in hope that would prevent it from loosening. Suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 52

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
Following as I have a Peregrine that am having a similar issue with, but only after getting a new frame panel recently. Maybe the gatekeepers have a slightly wider opening than in the past?

That said, are you supposed to run the Lanner to the top of the frame like that? I believe there are additional gatekeepers around the backside of the panel and framestays that are designed to attach to the straps coming off the pack, rather than to the top of the frame where you're currently running them. Maybe it helps.

sndmn11

WKR
H

I have a quick question about the Lanner 5400. I recently picked up a lightly used one from here on Rokslide and got it out for two different trips. First of all, this pack is awesome! I love how utilitarian it is, the more I play with it, the more options I realize it has. I’m already spreading the word amongst all my peers about it.

Ok, the question. The only problem I am having is the top pack bag attachment webbing keeps walking itself out of the gatekeeper that is attached to the frame near the load lifters. After a bit of hiking it just starts to get sloppier and sloppier. has anyone experienced this? Is there a solution I’m missing?

I was thinking about adding a tri-glide to run the tail of the webbing back through in hope that would prevent it from loosening. Suggestions?

Take some more pictures around the side and further away, I believe you are taking that strap to the wrong location. There should be three short straps sewn to the bag on the frame side both left and right. If that is one if them, it should wrap around the frame and buckle to a daisy loop on the body side of the frame.

OP
Ihatecrashing
Following as I have a Peregrine that am having a similar issue with, but only after getting a new frame panel recently. Maybe the gatekeepers have a slightly wider opening than in the past?

That said, are you supposed to run the Lanner to the top of the frame like that? I believe there are additional gatekeepers around the backside of the panel and framestays that are designed to attach to the straps coming off the pack, rather than to the top of the frame where you're currently running them. Maybe it helps.

I tried it both ways with the same result. The one thing that seemed to reduce the slippage was removing the gatekeeper then putting it back on the other side of the webbing if that makes sense. Basically turning it inside out similar to the way the gatekeeper is on the bottom frame loop. It kept it in place for slightly longer, but once it got a little slack it just kept walking away from the frame. I’m sure there is a solution that is simple that I am missing.

OP
Ihatecrashing
Take some more pictures around the side and further away, I believe you are taking that strap to the wrong location. There should be three short straps sewn to the bag on the frame side both left and right. If that is one if them, it should wrap around the frame and buckle to a daisy loop on the body side of the frame.

The first photo shows how I attached it on one trip. FA2C509B-4BD8-4624-B913-07F51DF9F072.jpeg
3E3F9AD0-A087-431F-882D-8B2519C51F9A.jpeg
It is an older Revolution frame, so maybe it’s missing a couple of daisy chain loops. The photo in the original post was more just to show which strap I was talking about.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Turn your Gatekeeper around , then do one of the following
  1. Run the webbing back through to create more tension
  2. Use a Webbing keeper to roll it up so it cant move
  3. Add a backing tri glide
I usually do one or two .. 2 works because it also minimizes webbing that can flop in the wind .. and I hate being lashed with webbing on a windy ridge.

OP
Ihatecrashing
Turn your Gatekeeper around , then do one of the following
  1. Run the webbing back through to create more tension
  2. Use a Webbing keeper to roll it up so it cant move
  3. Add a backing tri glide
I usually do one or two .. 2 works because it also minimizes webbing that can flop in the wind .. and I hate being lashed with webbing on a windy ridge.

Thank you! I’ll give those a shot!