Seek Outside - Redcliff

Mudd Foot

WKR
Want to give a shout out to the Redcliff for anyone wanting a larger tent. Was a palace for myself and guide during our 5 days in the Colorado wilderness. The ability stand makes a huge difference. It performed flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mudd Foot

Mudd Foot

WKR
The Center pole and geometry make the Redcliff extremely stable. Think plains tribes and their teepees. Not sure about time of year you’re going, but would try to research if longer stakes might help. That is not the design’s issue however.

Am thrilled with the performance, and would buy a larger size no question if I needed the space.

Johnboy

WKR
Just got back from an AK float hunt. I used a TiGoat Vertex 8 tipi. I've enjoyed using that shelter, but it always seems to have a lot of wasted space on the perimeter, as getting the perfect pitch is tough with a tipi. I thought of the Redcliff while in the bush, and was wondering if the perimeter space might be more usable. Any thoughts on that aspect of pyramid VS tipi? How tall is the Redcliff at the center? I'm 6' tall and can stand upright in about a 2 to 3ft radius around the center pole of the Vertex 8. Not sure on its overall peak height.

OP
Mudd Foot

Mudd Foot

WKR
Just got back from an AK float hunt. I used a TiGoat Vertex 8 tipi. I've enjoyed using that shelter, but it always seems to have a lot of wasted space on the perimeter, as getting the perfect pitch is tough with a tipi. I thought of the Redcliff while in the bush, and was wondering if the perimeter space might be more usable. Any thoughts on that aspect of pyramid VS tipi? How tall is the Redcliff at the center? I'm 6' tall and can stand upright in about a 2 to 3ft radius around the center pole of the Vertex 8. Not sure on its overall peak height.

In an effort to be succinct:

1. The Redcliff has guy-outs on all sides. These create additional space. We stored our gear at one on the ends to make full use of interior and ability to walk/stand.
2. Am also 6’ tall. I believe the center pole goes to 6’8” or possibly higher. Would refer you to Seek’s website for confirmation. The ground was very firm so we maybe had the pole at 6’3”. We had plenty of head space to stand up.

I think I have four seasons on mine now. I'm looking really hard at the Cuben one for next season.

What is this Ability TO stand that you are all speaking of? Never even heard of this and can’t find it on the Interwebs. I’m always looking to make my redcliff better. Please enlighten me.

OP
Mudd Foot

Mudd Foot

WKR
What is this Ability TO stand that you are all speaking of? Never even heard of this and can’t find it on the Interwebs. I’m always looking to make my redcliff better. Please enlighten me.

Because of the 6+’ center pole, you can actually stand up inside the Redcliff.

*zap*

WKR
How about some pictures of this set up? I am looking for something for solo car camping in all weather but mostly fall/winter.. The luxe megahorn also looks like a candidate.....but buy once/cry a lot may be better...:love:
Another consideration with car camping on public in the midwest to hunt whitetail is worrying about theft since I would like to leave camp set up but will be gone most of the daytime hours.....anyone have any thoughts on that?
Also interested in similar options other than luxe and SO....please post some if you are more knowledgeable about this than I am...

Last edited:
Thanks Mudd Foot. I was thinking this was a new product I hadn’t seen. Didn’t realize it was just my need for an English lesson. You’ll have to excuse me, I’m a little slow 😜