Seek Outside Revolution/Unaweep 6300

I just picked up my first dedicated external frame hunting pack yesterday from 8Crow. I have to say I’m really impressed with the quality and simplicity of Seek Outside. I loaded it up with about 50 pounds yesterday when I got home, then took off with my bow for a little bit of still hunting since it is way to cold to sit in a stand right now. That pack literally felt like I was carrying half the weight that I had packed into it. I have owned sever lighter eight Kelty backpacks along with my time in the military with the old school Alice pack and the newer molle style pack. I am nearly certain that I have found the perfect pack for me on my first attempt. My only small complaint would be that the waterproof bag is fairly loud, especially when cold. When everything is strapped down tight, I didnt notice any noice but while opening the bag up it makes a decent amount of plastic type noise. Not a big deal to me. Just thought I would post up my initial thoughts.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
X-Pac softens with use, so it'll get a bit quieter. It is "crinkly" when it's cold, but only when opening or closing. When brushing against brush it's as loud as cordura. The gain in the tradeoff is waterproof.

Thelostabbey

Lil-Rokslider
I have the divide and i like it a lot. it too, was my first external framed pack and i have to say I'm impressed. I got it mainly for just backpacking with the POSSIBILITY of maybe hunting with it some day. Now that possibility is closer than ever, i wish i had the revolution. I had a little issue with pack fit at first. The hip belt rubbed rashes into my sides to the point i had to undue it for the hike out. Once i lowered the shoulder straps and raised the hip belt to fit higher on my hips, the problem was gone. It carries like a dream and the padding is very supportive and comfortable. I want to add there hip belt pockets. I'm currently running some molle pouches. The x21 fabric doesn't bother me personally, i don't open and close it a lot while moving. I store everything i need quick access to on the outside. I'm not sure it got any quieter with use because i didn't pay that much attention. Maybe. I also got 2 sets of there pack bags and i like them for organizing. The new gate keeper buckles are a must have, the original ones would come loose on me and be flopping around. Had to take the bag off to re-attach and tighten them.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for your post....I am also in the market for a pack and am looking at the Seek Outside packs along with others. Please give me more on your pack.

We make very lightweight, simple, well built packs that are first and foremost comfortable with heavy loads and with light loads.

Really we've got too much going on in our system to cover in a forum post, and I'm not an overly salesy guy, so PM me, email me at [email protected], or call the main number 970-208-8108 and I'd be happy to discuss.

Nathan

Tyguy

WKR
Great pack, great company. My only complaints are that they switched to the multi front buckles that are side pull, the fact that they switch away from the standard buckles and use the gatekeepers now, and the fact that they don't sell the double sided XPAC. I had a 4800 EVO pack with both exterior and interior lined Xpac and I found it to be much quieter and more durable than the single faced layer Xpac.