Seekins Havak PH2 - Initial review

Trush24

FNG
A little late to the group, but glad I’m here and reading all these comments gets me more excited for mine to come in, recently won a PH2 in 6CM in a raffle and they said it’ll take 60-90 days to get it sent to my FFL, currently have a Bergara 308 in a KRG Bravo chassis so I’m curious how they will compare to each other

Hunter81

FNG
Thrush, did you get your 6cm yet? I’m currently shopping for one, would like to hear your thoughts.

Devin.y

FNG
For those entertaining the idea of a Seekins Havak,

I recently picked up a Havak PH2 chambered in 6.5 PRC and can say for the first time that I’ve been blown away by a factory rifle. The overall fit and finish, QC, feel, and performance of this platform has impressed me more than the last three rifles I’ve purchased combined.

Seekins’ proprietary stock has been a pleasure to sit behind, offering precision ergonomics and rigidity with a recoil pad that effectively absorbs felt recoil without being obnoxiously large. The Havak’s action and barrel have impressed me and are of good quality and feel. No tooling, machining, or wear marks with a nice cerakoted finish and a delightfully easy bolt travel/throw. The optic rail is extremely nice with five mount fasteners securing it to the reciever and an additional receiver lug mating into the rail for strength. The Timney elite hunter trigger gets no complaints from me as it arrived breaking consistently at 2.5lbs with no creep and a solid break. The Havak’s magazine is made of carbon fiber and has fed well during my testing. It has generous room allowing for reloaders to play with bullet seating and seems sturdy overall.

My first range day started by fouling the bore and then printing its first three shot group at .375” with factory hornady 147gr ELD-M. After validating the group I moved on to try Hornady’s 143gr ELD-X and consistently printed about .5” with little POI shift from the 147’s. I’d be remiss not to mention these groups were off bags in snow on a crisp 30 degree day. She’s a shooter.

If you have any specific questions about the rifle drop them in the comments.
I

Devin.y

FNG
For those entertaining the idea of a Seekins Havak,

I recently picked up a Havak PH2 chambered in 6.5 PRC and can say for the first time that I’ve been blown away by a factory rifle. The overall fit and finish, QC, feel, and performance of this platform has impressed me more than the last three rifles I’ve purchased combined.

Seekins’ proprietary stock has been a pleasure to sit behind, offering precision ergonomics and rigidity with a recoil pad that effectively absorbs felt recoil without being obnoxiously large. The Havak’s action and barrel have impressed me and are of good quality and feel. No tooling, machining, or wear marks with a nice cerakoted finish and a delightfully easy bolt travel/throw. The optic rail is extremely nice with five mount fasteners securing it to the reciever and an additional receiver lug mating into the rail for strength. The Timney elite hunter trigger gets no complaints from me as it arrived breaking consistently at 2.5lbs with no creep and a solid break. The Havak’s magazine is made of carbon fiber and has fed well during my testing. It has generous room allowing for reloaders to play with bullet seating and seems sturdy overall.

My first range day started by fouling the bore and then printing its first three shot group at .375” with factory hornady 147gr ELD-M. After validating the group I moved on to try Hornady’s 143gr ELD-X and consistently printed about .5” with little POI shift from the 147’s. I’d be remiss not to mention these groups were off bags in snow on a crisp 30 degree day. She’s a shooter.

If you have any specific questions about the rifle drop them in the comments.
Thanks for this information. I'm really thinking about getting this rifle in 7 PRC.