Seekins Scope Base Action Screws Too Short? 700LA 8-40's

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anyone had an issue with the Seekins 8-40 action screws being too short?

I got this Seekins rail awhile back and bedded it to my Bergara Premier .300WM - I used a release agent so it would not stick to the action just in case I wanted to change something down the road.

Now when I go to mount the rail, there are literally only 2 threads going into my Bergara action - not nearly enough. The bedding is about 25 thousandths thick, so even disregarding that, the screws seem really short. I called Seekins and they are sending me new screws, but the chances are they are the exact same length as the ones I have that came with the rail.

Just seeing if anyone has ran into this and how they fixed it. I have tried to find some longer 8-40's online, but Brownells seems to be the only ones to carry them and they are out of stock. Does anyone have any laying around?

Wrench

WKR
My local ace hardware carries gun screws in all the popular pitches and head shapes. If you have one locally....it would be worth a call.