Self filming archery hunt with 360 camera

mioduz

FNG
I would like to start self filming my hunts.
I was thinking the use of a insta 360 x3 above my head in the tree, or the possibility of building a ground stake setup that I could leave on the ground before I ascend.
Plan is to use an external battery selfie stick and loop record 30 minutes constantly.

I have never done any self filming and never used a 360 camera.

I understand that video quality Will suffer as well as there being a distorted view to the footage.

However I also am not confident of myself to pose a traditional camera and get everything recording and lined up perfectly

Thoughts??

OP
M

mioduz

FNG
your response doesnt really help much. "Why" what?

Why record my hunts? Why use a 360 camera?

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
ohhh, you are entering the hobby of no return ;)

I use various cameras depending on the hunt scenario, situation. My cams consist of GoPro10,11 & older 5, Sony 6400 w/3 different lens, Canon XA75 camcorder, IP12ProMax, InstaGo2 mini cam, then add accessories like cam mounts, tripods etc. However, I did try a friend's Insta360 cam, just similar to GoPro performance and limitations.

GoPros are close proximity cameras, anything past 30 yards and you have to zoom during edit to get any good video footage. But once you zoom edit, the image quality suffers. Past 80 yards at original vid distance and zoom edit is just a blur. And these action cams are not good for low light video use, like early morning and late evening. And no internal zoom capability either. Same with my mini InstaGo360-2.

For any distance over 40 yards, the 4Kcamcorder is the best. But needs to be on tripod, or other mount hold, due to camera weight and you'll get the best stability (steadiness) for the video result. This cam has great stabilization, low light performance and immediate zoom capability without losing vid pixel quality...no blurring.

The IP12ProMax does a remarkable job too, using a handheld phone cam mount, surprisingly so!

The Sony 6400 is mostly used for highest quality images or videoing at a distance using a long distance 200-600mm lens & tripod. The video quality is the best of all, but not just carry capable when hunting, especially solo.