SG Sky Talus 6900

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 at Barney's last Monday and spent 32 miles with at
50 lbs. on Tuesday - Thursday. I wanted the Sky 5900 but they didn't have it in stock and so I
went a head and bought the larger bag. Overall, I'm quite happy with it. I liked the side pockets
and found the Sky Lid useful. I'm thinking I'd like the "Beaver Tail" on the 5900 better but I got used to
the center zip. I adjusted with the straps a bit and found a position that I liked. If I could I'd love to
leave the straps in their current position and have the belt move upwards about an inch. I'm thinking
that's not possible. I'll continue to tinker with it in the hopes of dialing it in. I purchased the Serac 1700
earlier this year but this is my only large SG to date. Oh and another observation: Wow! that's a lot of
straps. It even seems like more than my Kifaru Marauder. I tamed them, though, with hook and loop
and Web-Dominators.

IMG_2537 (5).jpg
IMG_2539.jpg
IMG_2568.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg
IMG_2564 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2549.jpg
    IMG_2549.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2549.jpg
    IMG_2549.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2570.jpg
    IMG_2570.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 32
I'd say you bought the correct bag. I had the 5900 for a few years and filled it to the gills many a times. Wish I would've went larger from the start.

I have had the Sky for a few years now after going through several other brands. Glad I found it, it's been my go to ever since. For sizing, it is the perfect for me, I can get a 3 day camp and a boned out deer in one shot which has me maxed out so I don't really want anything larger anyway. If I am just packing moose quarters I jump up to an old Mystery Ranch that is a copy of the old Dana Designs pack.

On another subject, I love your little Ruger International! Those are hard to come by, they were a Wal-Mart exclusive in the Grey Laminate/Stainless and yours looks great.

OP
Athame

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
On another subject, I love your little Ruger International! Those are hard to come by, they were a Wal-Mart exclusive in the Grey Laminate/Stainless and yours looks great.

Thanks. I was walking around Walmart years ago and spied it hiding in the rifle racks.
I wish I would have bought two, I really like it.

Nice bag, I really like the SG stuff, I constantly go back and forth about which I like better, SG vs. Kifaru, Whenever I think I've made up my mind something changes.

Yup i'm kinda in the same boat. the durability and quality is definitely on Kifaru's side. I also love the hip belt. Although SG says its made in USA i'm wondering if some of the material and components are not. The webbing seems to breakdown much easier than the Kifaru webbing.

I just cannot ignore how well the Xcurve frame fits me and does not slide down my back.