She got it done

Decker9

WKR
My daughter (8 years old) dreams of sheep hunting (she’s been one 1 trip), I can’t wait for the day that I can snap a photo like this with her! A very happy dad moment I bet! Huge congrats to the both of you!!

That is just awesome on so many levels. Congratulations to her on a new baby and a great ram and you for raising an awesome family.

OP
tuffcity

tuffcity

WKR
WOW! Thanks for all the kind responses!

To add a bit more content... we went after the rams at 1:30 PM, thinking we'd be on them in about 3 hours, which would give us time to get back by dark. At 6:00 she dropped the hammer and we watched his final kick push him off the grass slope and on to a shale slide where he picked up speed until he disappeared into a narrow broken rock canyon. It was 7:30 PM by the time we got to him and had to get out of that chute before dark. Took some pics did a bit of prelim and made it to the bottom of that chute at around 8:30 (dusk). The next 5 hours were a steep hike up in the dark. Her mental toughness is as impressive as the physical!

She's under doc's orders not to pack any weight so next morning I fired off an inReach text to buddy and he showed up at camp at 0830 the next day- after a 3 1/5 hour drive. Fortunately he's about 30 years younger than me. lol Took us 10 hrs from camp to sheep, back to camp. Temps were in the high 20's (F) so I wasn't worried about spoilage.

Couple of time I was wondering if I was getting too old for this ... naaaa. lol

Climbing up to retrieve the ram
B4W5Txn.jpg

Torture testing my SG pack- had to drop it off this ledge as it was moss covered and slippery and I didn't want to eat it climbing down. Ram was retrieved from further up this canyon than this pic
SBGO5Mw.jpg

Me ass dragging coming up the return mountain. We were in the 4th ravine over on the upper left of the pic.

hhEbA6I.jpg

That is awesome on so many levels. I hope I have this experience with my kids some day. Congratulations to the both of you for a great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Wow what a tough lady. Good for her, and congrats! Glad you guys were able to get out and make some memories together.

CJF

WKR
Props to the husband who stayed at home with the baby.....that would have been a hard pill for me to swallow!!