Shed antler lamps

bone collector 13

FNG
Classified Approved
Is anyone making shed lamps? Or other antler products? Are you selling them? I see them online going for 800-1k a pop and wondering if there is really a market for something like that and my collection is going to make me rich this winter😂

Fordguy

WKR
I've made several shed antler.candle-lanterns as gifts, but I've never sold one.

You need connections, but prices can be ridiculous.

Just walk into any trinket store in say, Jackson…
If all my shed antler sold for those prices, I’d literally have made a million.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve made many and sold some antlers through the decades…I think this Vet is doing well making some awesome stuff🤙👊 yes there is a big market for them. Bought my first quad with them and stay in shape looking for them. These days I just hoard them🤣

Attachments

• IMG_6303.jpeg
    IMG_6303.jpeg
    337.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0358.png
    IMG_0358.png
    459.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0359.jpeg
    IMG_0359.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 101
I am in the furniture business. i used to buy antler lamps from a company in Libby, mt and resell them on my showroom floor. He would drive by in a 30 foot trailer and i would pick them out. But that was about 15-20 years ago. North idaho atleast, there is alot of log style furniture shops. The guy who i bought the lamps off of, bought the sheds on the open market.

Weldor

WKR
Made a few, add your time and material up. You don't want to give them away. Prices are high for sure, but a good quality one will look good and last.

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Look on ESTY for ideas. All kinds of antler stuff as well as wood working. Pricing can be high at times.

Matt5266

WKR
Seemed really popular a about 15 years ago or so but seems to have faded a bit, or I just dont notice it as much haha. I still think they are really cool. There was a guy out here in Idaho at one point that would make some really cool furniture with the juniper logs from the Owyhee Mountains too.

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
Not to hijack your thread here but I am a couple months away from finishing up building my new house. Wanting to make an antler chandelier for the covered front porch. I have a pile of good brownie elk and deer sheds, most of which came off my property with the house on it.

What are/were you guys using to fasten the antlers together and then plug the screw heads over with? In my little experience simple deck screws will snap off easy in antler. I imagine simple Bondo over the screw heads but then comes in the painting part. Any little suggestions would be appreciated.

Weldor

WKR
I drilled and tapped the large ones, same for #10 sheetmetal screws.