Sheep Hunting Tactics

BSeals71

Well Known Rokslider
Know of any good books or videos on sheep hunting tactics?

Yukon

I liked Tony Russ' books Sheep Hunting in Alaska (more of a how to) and Sheep Stalking in Alaska ( 20 or so different hunts which he breaks down with diagrams and such).

Floorguy

Well Known Rokslider
What kind of sheep?

ETA: I agree with Yukon for Alaskan dalls , Duncan Gilcrest also has a couple good books

jherald

Well Known Rokslider
Lace em' Up was a good video put out by two guys that formed a group called Proving Trail Adventures on Dall Sheep. I was quite impressed. It covered everything from fitness, to gear, to method and tactic and even judging rams. It's a two disc DVD set. I think they were around an hour or so each disc.

OP
BSeals71

BSeals71

Well Known Rokslider
Lace em' Up was a good video put out by two guys that formed a group called Proving Trail Adventures on Dall Sheep. I was quite impressed. It covered everything from fitness, to gear, to method and tactic and even judging rams. It's a two disc DVD set. I think they were around an hour or so each disc.

Sounds like a great DVD, really want to check it out now. I might have the chance to go up to B.C. or Alberta later. Would like to learn as much as I can beforehand.

luke moffat

Super Moderator

I really liked the DVD as well. Got it for my birthday...very fun to watch some down to earth guys put together a great video.