Sheep Shooter

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
Well now that I am home from my 2nd year apprentice schooling I thought Id throw up a couple pics of my new toy! Putting together a lighter rifle for next years sheep hunt. Picked up a Tikka T3 Lite in 7mm rem mag stainless. So far I have had the stock Hydro dipped on it. The next step is Talley Rings, and a Zeiss Conquest scope since the wife said not to cheap out on optics.. Cant argue that!

I also plan on putting a limb saver pad on her, and possibly a muzzle break.

Lil-Rokslider
The rifle looks nice and should be a good shooter. Here is a picture of my Christmas present from my boys. It was dipped also and is a 338 RUM.

black525

WKR
The next step is Talley Rings, and a Zeiss Conquest scope since the wife said not to cheap out on optics.. Cant argue that!

Sounds like she's a keeper!

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Tikka T3 Lite a lot and I have one in a 300 WSM. It is a tack driver and I have killed a lot of game with it. You will like it a lot.

GKPrice

Banned
Don't sell the Leupold vx2 & 3 or fx3 lines either US made great quality better CS. Lightweight pioneer

Who did the dip for you ? Cool pattern

OP
BCBowtech

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
So Im still having a hard time deciding on the optics... Im also considering leupold or swarovski.. I want something lighter in weight but also great quality.. Suggestions please

RedStag

Lil-Rokslider
Where did you have the stock dipped? i have a kimber montana that needs a facelift

RCA Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe not overkill, but about 6 ounces heavier. With such a light rifle, it seem to me that it would be a shame to put a heavier than needed scope on it. I am assuming you mean the 3-15. Just for something to think on, I was shooting targets at 580 yards with my scope (leupold) set on 3 power magnification and doing just fine. More magnification is not necessarily better.

OP
BCBowtech

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up my Talley rings yesterday and compared 3 scopes... Zeiss, Leupold, and Swarozski... The Swaro was definately the lightest of the three but to my eyes, the Zeiss had the best clarity and I really like the Z-plex 800 reticle.. So I do believe Im gonna sacrafice a bit of weight and go with it!

Shrek

WKR
My Zeiss puked it guts for the third time last week . First time it was gone 9 weeks , second time was 10 weeks. This time I may just toss it in the trash as it won't hold up to 70 shots from my 7-08 and Zeiss can't seem to fix it so it will. Two of my friends have had their zeiss erectors fail also. I've been using swarovski since zeiss didn't hold up or track well. I've been very happy with my swarovski and the customer service I received when I accidentally destroyed one of my Z3's . Two weeks door to door. Night and day better experience. The swarovski's I have aren't quite as bright as the zeiss I've had but if they won't hold zero or track then the brightest glass in the world is useless.