Short quotes that speak volumes.

Lwarner03

FNG
As a less then energetic friend once said, never do today, that which can be put off until tomorrow.
I know it’s been awhile but the way I heard this was:

why put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow.

😂

Hard times make strong men, strong men make easy times, easy times make weak men, weak men make hard times.

A lot of weak men around society right now working on making hard times.
Oh cool, is it “fascist fairy tales” time again already? 🤔

AKDoc

WKR
This has likely been already shared, but I really like it...

"If you don't watch the news you're uninformed, and if you do watch the news you're misinformed."

(not sure the true originator)

This has likely been already shared, but I really like it...

"If you don't watch the news you're uninformed, and if you do watch the news you're misinformed."

(not sure the true originator)

That’s an oldie but a goodie. Often mistakenly attributed to Mark Twain. The original quote involved newspapers, as it predates radio or TV.

If you don’t read the newspaper you’re uninformed…

P

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
When I was young and would start to complain a bit about working on the farm with my grandpa, he would always lean in and say…

“When things start to get too hard for everybody else, that’s when it’s just right for us, isn’t it?”

Lwarner03

FNG
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other. (Eric Hoffer)

Those who can’t reach the vine will always claim to dislike grapes (roughly, Aesop’s fables)

It good to meet girl in park, but it better to park meat in girl
-ancient proverb

Dood58

FNG
James Clear has a weekly newsletter that has 3 ideas, 2 quotes, and 1 question. Really been enjoying that.

One from this week:
"It's hard to build momentum if you're dividing your attention."

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
It is far easier to whisper advice from cover than to risk its merit at the point of attack.

“There’s nothing wrong with being poor and having to work for a living, it’s just a little inconvenient sometimes”
-Grandpa Carl

Oh cool, is it “fascist fairy tales” time again already? 🤔
The avaerage 35 yo male (or whatever pronoun they use) living somewhere like Chicago or New York can’t change a tire.

Let that sink in for a moment then go find a man a few decades older than yourself and shake his hand because he has made life pretty easy for you.