Should I????

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Oooright getting black bear and wolf tag for unit 1 Idaho for Oct hunt, should I get a Muley tag as well? Imma feel “welp story of my life” if a 185” walks across my path w/o one.

87TT

WKR
Not too many tags to be had. And if you already have a whitetail tag then you can't get a Mule deer tag too. A general tag is good for either.

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Not too many tags to be had. And if you already have a whitetail tag then you can't get a Mule deer tag too. A general tag is good for either.
I was online and it was letting me buy a non res regular deer. Didnt wanna drop another 350 w/o some advice (bare minimum of course)

87TT

WKR
Regular tag is good for both whitetail and muleys. Whitetails have some separate seasons that need a whitetail only tag. Hope you got the tag because it's probably gone now.

87TT

WKR
A quick look at the regs for that unit shows there is no "regular" or general Mule deer season in Unit 1. "whitetail only"

Mule deer are only open Nov 2nd or there abouts usually. Those that tag mule deer have spent a lifetime living there and push up into the ball deep snow for a Mulie.

A flatlander traveling 3214 miles will have a very mininal chance....even if you had the tag.

87TT

WKR
Mule deer are only open Nov 2nd or there abouts usually. Those that tag mule deer have spent a lifetime living there and push up into the ball deep snow for a Mulie.

A flatlander traveling 3214 miles will have a very mininal chance....even if you had the tag.
He said October hunt but even so the % of muleys taken all year is like 4 % total for the whole year. Not exactly over run with muleys.

OP
amateurhourhunter

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider

I may live in jersey but I’ve climbed some mountains before. In the states and out. I read more in depth. Muley starts Nov 1-14. Thank you for bringing that up as I doubled checked.