Maroon Bells Mule Deer

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
My 17 y/o son pulled a rifle tag for this area( I got a bear tag for it). Any general comments about hunting there from those that have in the past? Hunting pressure, terrain, typical weather seen late October/early November etc..
We've hunted together in idaho a few times but this will be his first really high country hunt, to say he's excited( as am I) would be an understatement.

Much Appreciated

MM

Last edited:

parshal

WKR
I haven't been hunting there but I've been there. It's pretty rugged country is about all I can say.

cjdewese

WKR
Same, no hunting but it's pretty and steep. Have a great time with your boy either way.

Boone-In-Wall

Lil-Rokslider
I was there for muzzleloader elk this year. Be ready to hike. My boots have over 100 miles on them and I still struggled with blisters. However, they may be lower by Oct/Nov time frame.

OP
M

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
I was there for muzzleloader elk this year. Be ready to hike. My boots have over 100 miles on them and I still struggled with blisters. However, they may be lower by Oct/Nov time frame.
How ere the deer numbers?
Did you have any luck with the muzzleloader?

Marble

WKR
How ere the deer numbers?
Did you have any luck with the muzzleloader?
Since the season dates changed, my buck hunting has suffered. I haven't seen a decent buck during second season in a few years. Second season used to be really great buck hunting, as deer would still usually be in their summer pattern. Weather comes in and moves the great majority of the deer off the high alpine slopes into the timber.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk