Shoulder AC joint Rehab

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
I cracked / broke 3 ribs in February. Once healed I tried to draw my bow back (77#), and injured my AC Joint.

I layer off of it for 6 weeks and all of the pain went away. Started doing push-ups again and the pain flared up.

Anyone dealt with this amd how did you heal it?

JohnB

WKR
I cracked / broke 3 ribs in February. Once healed I tried to draw my bow back (77#), and injured my AC Joint.

I layer off of it for 6 weeks and all of the pain went away. Started doing push-ups again and the pain flared up.

It sucks to have to go to the doc but I'd highly recommend seeing a physical therapist.

No.15

FNG

I injured my ac joint years ago. My shoulder looked like I had left a coat hanger in my shirt . 😫

Anyways I had to have surgery to fix mine and lots of therapy.

I would for sure see a Dr ang get PT. There are lots of great exercises but they are hard to explain without pictures or in person demonstration.

Hope you heal fast, I know the pain

I've had AC joint problems in the past. If rest isn't helping, I would strongly suggest seeing a sports medicine physician. It does not have to be a surgeon. There are non-operative sports medicine physicians that can 1) take x-rays to confirm the pathology (don't need an MRI for something like this unless it's an acute, traumatic sprain and you have a piano key sign), and 2) perform an ultrasound guided AC joint corticosteroid injection. It took three of those for me over the course of a year and a half before the pain went away for good. I'm always an advocate for PT exercises focusing on scapular stability and rotator cuff strengthening, as well. Some folks can still tolerate exercises as long as they avoid cross-body movements that compresses the AC joint, or bench press where the elbows drop below the plane of your body. Wish you the best and hope things clear up soon!