Shv and credo

caramon

FNG
Hi friends,

I'm up in Canada and swfa isn't really an option for me. I've read a bunch of threads and shv and credo/tenmile comes up often as reliable. I had bought several of the razor HD LH 1" scopes a few years ago when they discontinued them but after reading here I have no confidence in their reliability.

I'm looking to replace them with either credo or shv scopes. They will go on t3x 223, 243ai and 6.5cm. In Canada the shv 3-10 and comparable credo has a cost advantage of about $200 in favor of the credo. The shv 4-14x50 F1 is cheaper by $150 than the comparable credo (although SFP) and the tenmile 3-18 (SFP) is $1300 more so out of consideration.

I'm looking for advice on what to go with but leaning towards the shv 4-14 F1.

Thank you

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
As you already have the Vortex scopes, go out and drop them. You might have a good one, though unlikely. On the flip side, you could buy a NF ot Trijicon and get one of the rare bad ones.

The down side of dropping is it might effect resale, but put a foam sleeping pad on trampled snow and if physical damage occurs send it in for warranty, then sell the NIB one.

Or, if you already have to resero every season, go ahead and get rid of them.

Wrongside

WKR
I have had the same questions living up here too. Maybe @Wrongside has some other info since he's dialed in more than most of us.
Hey gerry35. Hope you and yours are well. :)

I’m not sure how much help I can be, as I don’t own either of those scopes. (I use mostly SWFA and certain Bushnell Elite Tac scopes- LRHS, LRTS, etc.) Some of my shooting/hunting buddies do own various Trij & NF scopes, and true to their reputation, they’ve been solid for them. I really like the NF ATACRs I’ve handled…. Someday.

SWFA is tough to get up here, but not impossible. If a person is looking to bring SWFA- or any other make- up from the states, I’d call Prophet River and get their current import process requirements. I’ve used their import services a few times- for both rifles and optics- and they’re uniformly excellent to deal with.

Weldor

WKR
I have a SHV 3x10 on 6.5 prc, gets dialed regularly. Have the Credo 3x9 on my 308 have dialed it but not very often. Both are great scopes. It would be nice if Trijicon would make a 3x10 or 12 Credo that was made to dial.

gerry35

WKR
Hey gerry35. Hope you and yours are well. :)

I’m not sure how much help I can be, as I don’t own either of those scopes. (I use mostly SWFA and certain Bushnell Elite Tac scopes- LRHS, LRTS, etc.) Some of my shooting/hunting buddies do own various Trij & NF scopes, and true to their reputation, they’ve been solid for them. I really like the NF ATACRs I’ve handled…. Someday.

SWFA is tough to get up here, but not impossible. If a person is looking to bring SWFA- or any other make- up from the states, I’d call Prophet River and get their current import process requirements. I’ve used their import services a few times- for both rifles and optics- and they’re uniformly excellent to deal with.
Thanks, I didn't think of Prophet river. Maybe they could help.