Sierra 6 creedmoor ammo

OP
wind gypsy
The 107 grain norma golden target ammo I have was at that price as well an shoots very well. The only issue is there less than 2 thou neck clearance because their brass is so damn thick and there is a hint of sticky bolt lift on some rounds which doesn't make me want to buy a bunch more.

That's the kind of deal from the kind of mfg that could make me justify a whole barrel...

Would love any data on how it shoots and kills.

107 SMK doesn't seem like it'd be a good choice for hunting. This would just be for range fodder.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Legacy SMK’s like the 107gr kill ok. Sometimes spectacularly due to yaw and tumbling, sometimes they fragment early and massively, and sometimes they upset/expand as a normal bullet, and unfortunately sometimes they don’t upset at all and do not use until late in the wound path. They are variable. Before 2010’ish SMK’s are what I primarily used- hundreds of game animals with them. However once AMAX’s came out in force, they all buy replaced SMK’s as they are consistent in tissue.

SMK’s are not as consistent as Berger VLD’s nor as Hornady HPBT’s due to generally thick jackets and smaller nose openings. I wouldn’t have much issue using a non pointed SMK again, but would open the nose up slightly. Doing so makes them behave much more consistent.

I have those waiting for a range day plus the Norma and Barnes.
So far, Hornady has been sub-moa out of a CZ 600 Range.