Sig kilo 2400 ABS vs Kestrel

Duh

WKR
Does anyone have a preference between the two and which one seems more accurate for gathering wind speed? Is there any significant advantage to the kestrel over the Sig that i’m missing?

I’ve got a kestrel 4Dof but don’t use it at all. I’m considering switching to the Sig 2400 for the ease of use. Based on the reviews I’ve seen this seems to check a lot of boxes.

Interested to hear any negative experience with either.

They both use the same ballistic software. I prefer a sig and a $40 Caldwell wind meter combo, speeds things up a little compared to messing with the kestrel/Bluetooth combo or punching in range manually with the kestrel and regular rangefinder. All personal preference. They’ll give the same results.

Edit: The kestrel 4dof might be different ballistic software. Pretty sure a regular kestrel uses the same as the sig however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
They both use the same ballistic software. I prefer a sig and a $40 Caldwell wind meter combo, speeds things up a little compared to messing with the kestrel/Bluetooth combo or punching in range manually with the kestrel and regular rangefinder. All personal preference. They’ll give the same results.

Edit: The kestrel 4dof might be different ballistic software. Pretty sure a regular kestrel uses the same as the sig however.

Ok that’s what I thought. I definitely don’t like punching the range in manually or using my phone. The sig seems like the easy button, to a degree.

Kilo 2400 can be picked up for great prices right now. I wouldn’t hesitate to steer anyone in that direction. They are a great unit.

AHAL

FNG
I have a kestrel 5700. I believe it is extremely accurate as far as wind and also the other units it measures. Since it measures everything, I can update my ballistics profiles when changing areas (elevation/temp affecting my data)

I also like that it syncs up with my rangefinder - results in a pretty quick firing solution when needed.

I also have the sig but never use it as I prefer the kestrel and believe it to be a better product. ymmv

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
I have a kestrel 5700. I believe it is extremely accurate as far as wind and also the other units it measures. Since it measures everything, I can update my ballistics profiles when changing areas (elevation/temp affecting my data)

I also like that it syncs up with my rangefinder - results in a pretty quick firing solution when needed.

I also have the sig but never use it as I prefer the kestrel and believe it to be a better product. ymmv
What range finder do you have that it links up to?